Do you like to build, are you passionate about Ad-Tech in Media industry? Are you excited by Content Monetization strategy? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a technical leader in our solution architecture team who will be responsible for leading the strategy for our lighthouse Media & Entertainment customer around Ad-Tech/Marketing-Tech solutions leading to improved Content Monetization, as well as thought leadership in the M&E industry via education both written and in-person events. The AWS Sr. Solutions Architect Lead is responsible for educating customers, systems integrators, and strategic consultancies on emerging technologies and solutions that are transforming the Media & Entertainment industry particularly in the advertising and marketing. They helps with hands-on architecture to real-life customer projects involving various AWS services, ISV/partner solutions. They also work with cross Amazon teams such as Amazon Advertising and corporate development to come up with outcome based holistic solutions for our strategic M&E opportunities. The Sr. SA Lead builds and publishes content and collateral, and presents to customers in 1:1 and 1:many settings. They work with customers remotely during COVID-19 social distancing measures, and in person in the future. Must be open to travel at least 30% including international post COVID-19 social distancing measures.
What is AWS looking for?
A successful Sr. Solutions Architect Leader with deep subject matter expertise in both M&E and Ad-Tech industry and computing/big data technologies. They can see around corners and identify applications of emerging technologies to reduce friction, eliminate waste, and re-invent the consumer data platforms with direct applications towards personalization/consumer experiences, personalized ads as well as industry/cloud-based tools and applications towards ad-tech/ad-management/ad-serving platforms and ad-publishing as well as marketing tech with impacts on better content monetization for our customers
The Solutions Architect leader has hands-on experience with:
- Big data analytics/Consumer Data Platforms;
- Advertising Technology/workflow
- Marketing Technology/workflow
- Storage systems for media and entertainment such as Content Lakes and Content Archives, and Media Asset Management and Production Asset Management systems
- Modern Direct-To-Consumer delivery platforms and associated technologies such as HLS, MPEG-DASH, SSAI, ultra-low latency streaming,
- Machine Learning, Neural Networks and applications of Artificial Intelligence (such as Personalization) relevant to Media & Entertainment organizations
- Audience analytics, player analytics, QOE systems, and design patterns for interactive OTT applications
- Serverless compute platforms and architecture patterns
- Storage and architectural patterns around distributed systems
- Big Data Analytics
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
- 10+ years of experience in technology leadership roles within large enterprise media organizations with a focus on advertising/marketing technologies, direct-to-consumer OTT, analytics, MAM, content lakes, content metadata, and
- 5+ years of experience designing complex ad-tech/mar-tech solutions using IT/ISV technology
- Experience in architecting complex distributed use cases leveraging AWS services and multi-vendor environment technologies
- Breadth of experience across the IT in multiple of the following areas: Software design or development; Infrastructure architecture; Distributed systems; Content/Data Security; Data Center Operations; Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics
- Prior Hands-on AWS experience and deep knowledge will be a plus.
- Postgraduate degree in business or applied technology
- Expert level technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS services in conjunction with business requirements.
- Expert level ability to understand the business domain of the customer or partner and the business problems the customer or partner is facing, with the intent to solve the business problems.
- Expert level ability to interact with senior leadership (e.g. CxO's) within a customer or partner organization.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $182,800 - $247,300/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The base pay range for this position in Jersey City is $201,000-$272,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.