Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
This is a role in the Container Services Go-To-Market (GTM) team that is responsible for growing the adoption of a portfolio of services that includes: Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), and AWS App Mesh. As a part of this team, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the how customers are deploying cloud-native workloads in Containers and further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers - leaders in their respective fields - earning trust to understand customers' requirements and turn them into reality. You will also demonstrate Customer Obsession, representing the voice of the customer as you work with product teams across AWS to evolve AWS services. As a part of the team responsible for GTM of the Container Services portfolio for AWS, you will also develop scalable motions to establish new business in target market segments and enable the global field organization to drive the day-to-day interactions that identify prospects for long-term business opportunities. You will be the single-threaded owner for developing and executing the GTM plan for a strategic customer segment as well as the extension of the AWS Container Services product team for this set of customers, understanding their use cases, gathering customer feature requests and feedback, and influencing product direction.
You will use your business savvy to identify new workload patterns and use cases, drive lighthouse wins, develop and execute scalable adoption programs, and help AWS enter new market segments. Your background in cloud-native applications will help customers understand how to improve their business outcomes using the container orchestration services provided by AWS. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you effectively influence business leaders in the customer base and in AWS, build sales enablement tools, and evangelize the AWS portfolio with our enterprise customers. You will also identify and drive strategic partnerships with ISVs and SIs, working backwards from customer requirements. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive CxO/VP level engagements, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of Ownership, Bias for Action, and Frugality - operating well within constraints and developing creative solutions - are hallmarks of a successful person in this role.
This is a great opportunity to work in a high-performing team of global business development, GTM experts surrounded by world-class Product and Engineering, and Solutions Architecture teams. You will focus on incubating new AWS Container Services, delivering workload-/solution-specific domain expertise to the broader field organization (account managers and solutions architects), and developing repeatable solutions to solve customer challenges. To be successful, you will need to analyze and determine key customer insights from business drivers, market segment trends, customer feedback, and operating metrics.
The ideal candidate will ...
• Have experience in taking new products or services to launch, and developing and executing a GTM strategy to drive adoption across multiple customer segments.
. Have experience with cloud-native workloads, in-depth knowledge of containers ecosystem and knowledge of how customers are adopting containers to drive business outcomes.
. Have experience in being able to be the aggregation point of feedback from multiple customer segments and leverage it to influence product strategy and direction.
. Be an effective communicator and have the ability to parse customers' requirements and map it to product capabilities, while evangelizing the value of the product portfolio to customers, based upon their requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Container Services GTM team and focus on increasing adoption of AWS Container Services.
• Help define market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
• Set a strategic Go-To-Market plan for target market segments and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Create mechanisms to drive pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our Container services, and that they have the technical resources required.
• Prepare and give business reviews to senior management regarding progress and roadblocks.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market segment.
• Strong technical knowledge around cloud-native applications and containers, with the ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to articulate the value of leveraging containers and managed container orchestration offerings.
• 6+ years of business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience.
. Recent experience in working with cloud-native and containerized workloads.
• 3-8 years working with customers in helping them with technology decisions, preferably in cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry.
• Technical and/or business degree preferred
• Experience working with the Developer Ecosystem - in startups, Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations
• Strong verbal and written communications and leadership skills are strongly desired
• . A demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
• Experience with working with cloud native applications, container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, Fargate, Docker, Mesos, and/or others
• Experience in selling technical cloud services or software technology services
• MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center/infrastructure/networking technologies highly desired
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the container landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us