Principal Specialist, Autonomous Computing
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, industrial equipment, automotive, aerospace, and others sectors.
Customers are leveraging AWS infrastructure to solve the world's biggest challenges from curing cancer to reducing carbon emissions to improving education. AWS is focused on increasing access to infrastructure and applications to help our customers change the world. The rapid pace of innovation is driven by more and better access to computing resources, allowing unprecedented amounts of data to be analyzed in near real time on nearly infinite computational resources. Will the cure for cancer come out of a lab or out of a remote computing cluster? Emerging technology like AI/ML, IoT, quantum computing, computational fluid dynamics, and autonomous systems are making new discoveries possible every day. Our job is to facilitate and support the innovators making those discoveries.
We are looking for a Principal, Autonomous Computing Specialist to join the Autonomous Computing go to market team. This team focuses on enabling the at-scale development of autonomous systems that seek to improve productivity, safety, and customer operations in some of the most challenging use-cases. Examples of autonomous systems include mobility (autonomous vehicles, aerial taxis), smart electricity grids (demand response), robotics (situational awareness), supply chain (intelligent inventory management), and Industrial Internet (continuously learning digital twins of industrial equipment).
In this role, you will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers from the world's leading startups to the largest enterprises to understand their requirements and turn them into reality. You will use your business savvy to expand existing markets, develop adoption programs and identify new markets and opportunities. More specifically, you will work closely with customers to identify autonomous systems use-cases that take advantage of the power of AWS' storage, compute, networking, big data, machine learning, and IoT technologies. You will define go-to-market strategies and lead cross-functional initiatives to execute this vision. These activities include sizing the market opportunity, identifying a pipeline of potential customers, understanding customer requirements, working with solution architects to build prototypes that demonstrate the art-of-the-possible, quantifying the business value with the customer, creating content to train the field sales teams, leading external workshops to drive industry thought-leadership, working with product teams to define new features, and identifying partners or potential acquisitions.
Your background in driving impactful outcomes enables you to leverage scalable cloud-architectures to help customers enable their autonomous systems workflows. The ideal candidate will have deep-domain expertise in one or more industries, possesses business experience that enables them to drive an engagement at the CxO/VP level, and has demonstrated program/product go-to-market expertise. The candidate has the technical depth to lead discussions with customers in specific industries, as well as communicate the benefits of machine learning and deep learning services, platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. She/they/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and being scrappy is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Serve as a key team member of the Autonomous Computing team to identify, define and prioritize the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target to achieve the most impactful outcomes
• Develop strategic go-to-market plans for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction
• Execute the strategic go-to-market plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e. g. solutions architects, product service teams, sales teams, legal, support, etc.)
• Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case
• Engage with prospects, partners, cross functional teams, and key customers
• Work with customers to understand their Autonomous Systems workflows and how AWS technologies can enable their use-case
• Identify and promote repeatable use cases and case studies to build AWS internal and external market awareness
• Collaborate with internal teams to understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings
• Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets
• Handle high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
• 10+ years of business development, management consulting, strategic partnerships, enterprise sales, technology development, or program/product management experience
• Experience building Go-To-Market (GTM) plans that scale across an organization
• Deep knowledge of one or more industries that represent potential autonomous computing use-cases
• Experience interfacing with customers (Enterprise, SMB, and Startups) and solution building ability
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight that drives customer adoption and recommendations to the business
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must. Experience speaking at technology conferences, as well as communicating across the organization from technical staff to VP/CxOs.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key in a matrix environment
• Business and/or technical degree required
• M.S., PhD, MBA or other higher degree in a business or technical field
• Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
• Meticulous attention to detail; ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle or the Bay Area. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
Back to top