Principal Solutions Architecture - Public Sector
- Milan, Italy
Amazon Web Services is looking for an experienced and motivated technical principal to join the European Sector team. Your team is distributed across Italy and represents some of the best customer-facing Solutions Architects in the industry. You will coach, grow, and partner with them to continually raise the bar in Customer Obsession and technical excellence.
Under your guidance the team will develop their best practice behaviours and skills in solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity for the smallest customers to the very largest. You will be expected to continue the growth of the team with a plan to deliver multiple times expansion in coming years, driven by the launch of the first Region and Availability Zones in Italy (https://www.allthingsdistributed.com/2020/04/-launches-europe-milan-region.html).
You will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Your thought leadership will take the team beyond the technology and will enable them to think in terms of value creation for our customers. Helping to change how technology is viewed is an important aspect of the role.
You will help team members ramp-up on and become effective quickly, finding opportunities to optimise as you scale. You will be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management. You will be a report of the European Solutions Architecture Senior Manager and will be a valued member of the European leadership team.
At , we model our principle of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact. You will enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of Sector customers. This is not a back office role, you will roll up your sleeves and get stuck in with customers, partners, and colleagues around the world - no two days will be the same! You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
You will bring a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. Ideally, you will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a highly technical team of a Solutions Architects. You'll have significant experience working with customers and partners, and will have worked with the most senior contacts and executives. Ideally you'll have extensive experience of the Sector in Italy or another European country and be familiar with the challenges and opportunities that these customers bring.
If you want to learn more about how Amazon Web Services helped customers in the Sector to innovate, look at these case studies: https://.amazon.com/it/solutions/case-studies/government-education/ ... and be part of it!
You will work very closely with sales leadership to establish technical credibility and develop long-term customer relationships.
The work you will be engaged in includes:
• Earning the trust of customers in engineering and operational expertise and the value proposition of the , participating in architectural discussions to ensure successful outcomes for customers.
• Collaborating with sales teams to define adoption strategies.
• Coaching your team to attain business objectives.
• Engages customers and partners at the most senior levels on matters of strategy and implementation.
• Identifying opportunities for you and your team members to develop their talents in thought leadership and the delivery of original content.
• Taking technical ownership of complex customer situations.
• Interfacing with Service Teams and driving platform change on behalf of your customers.
• Growing the team through hiring in areas of need, mentoring newer members, and developing the careers of established members.
• Drive execution of departmental and global initiatives and goals.
• Communicating effectively to a broad range of audiences.
• Fully employing your exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Prioritising in a complex and fast-paced environment.
• Working with highest levels of management to resolve business-critical issues, and enabling them to be advocates for the .
• Ensuring success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the platform.
• Capturing and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solutions architect community.
• Acting as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
• Substantial design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed/ applications.
• Demonstrable experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Demonstrated excellent written communication skills.
• Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organisations.
• Technical degree; Computer Science or Maths/Science background highly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Fluency in Italian and English
• Career experience working within software development or Internet-related industries.
• History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises.
• Experience migrating or transforming complex customer solutions to the .
• Professional exposure architecting or developing on .
• Fluency in multiple European languages
• Proven management of technical, customer facing teams.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek candidates from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a long-standing top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
For more information on Sector roles, please visit - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/teams/-Sector
Back to top