Principal Solutions Architect - Startups
- Berlin, Germany
This role is within the Germany/Switzerland/Austria organization and you would be working with Startup customers.
Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS customers to help them make the most of the Cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organizations at all stages of cloud adoption. Solutions Architects are responsible for creating and presenting technical content and sharing best practices.
Solutions Architects are responsible for the overall technical relationship between customers and AWS and make recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency. They work to understand the customer's needs and give prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with AWS technology. Solutions Architects lead activities such as architecture reviews, white-boarding sessions, demos and technical workshops. They collaborate with other teams such as account management, professional services, support, product teams and the AWS partner ecosystem.
Principal Solutions Architects work on the most complex customer challenges and opportunities. They have a leading role in developing both the strategy and the team itself. They combine an informed view of the market with their understanding of emerging technology trends to speed-up innovation across their customer segment. Externally, they are recognized thought leaders and influence the strategy of our customers. Internally, they earn a reputation of role models and deliver bar-raising guidance to the broader Solutions Architecture team.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating AWS customers about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases. (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Serverless and Container based architectures) The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn.
You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Every day you will learn something new from your customers, your peers and your own experiments.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Work directly with strategic customers to accelerate their challenging, mission-critical projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes.
• Build technical relationships with customers up to the C-suite and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
• Share the voice of the customer to inform the roadmap of AWS features. Proactively work within the organization to influence the evolution of the platform.
• Take a leading role in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
• Evangelize and educate about AWS technology and industry trends (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
• Help develop the technical elements of the AWS go-to-market strategy, and the plan to engage with customers and partners, within your area of responsibility.
• Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also be helping others develop new skills by mentoring team members and identifying talent needs in the organization.
• Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
• Collaborate within the startup ecosystem (accelerators, incubators, VCs and meetups) to educate startups and support their growth.
• Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
• Experience driving technical and/or organizational change of significant complexity
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Passion for technology and for learning
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
• In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Analytics, Machine Learning
• Experience working with VCs, Accelerators
• Experience working in a customer-facing role
• Experience with public speaking
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
• Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in German
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.".
Back to top