Do you have an extensive background in delivering strategic outcomes for security and compliance and a passion for working with customers to solve complex technical challenges to help them safely transition workloads to the cloud?
Increasingly, companies are using AWS to move their core business applications to the cloud. AWS is looking for passionate and experienced security professionals to work with these customers to help guide their vision, address risks and implement their security, resilience and compliance strategies on the AWS platform. This role will provide thought leadership and operate with a high degree of autonomy and visibility as part of our worldwide specialist team.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced and innovative security professional with exceptional stakeholder management skills and who has the ability to advise and deliver strategic outcomes across a wide range of industry sectors and challenging environments. They are willing to challenge, dive in to the details, and show how AWS can support complex security, availability, and compliance strategies, to CISO and Board level personas. This particular role will also directly interface with our AWS partners and service teams to help customers move their business applications to the AWS cloud.
This key position requires broad industry experience and will have high visibility at the most senior levels of customer organizations, including frequent interaction with CIOs, CISOs, CTOs, their staff, and AWS senior leadership. The position, as part of the AWS worldwide specialist organization, will act as the security interface with AWS customers and service teams working closely with AWS Sales and Solutions Architect teams. The candidate will already have and continue to foster key relationships, be able to interpret the impacts of industry and regulatory changes, and track and report on industry trends.
Will also consider candidates in Dallas, Denver, and Houston.
• 10+ years of experience in the design, implementation, and operation of information systems
• 7+ years of experience in an information security role
• 5+ years of experience of developing and implementing security strategy and technology in large, complex enterprises in multiple industry verticals, across a wide range of technology platforms
• 4+ years of experience in a technical pre-sales role
• Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks
• Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems, and networking connectivity
• Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
• 1+ years of experience with cloud computing business models
• 1+ years of experience with compliance frameworks such as CIS or NIST CSF
• A degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience
• Security industry certification(s) (e.g. CISSP, CISA/M, CIPP/CIPM/CIPT)
• Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer, or solutions architect.
• Experience working with IT and Security leadership to articulate security and/or compliance strategies and plans
• Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services preferred
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple groups to achieve results
• Meets/exceeds Leadership Principles
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age