Principal Solutions Architect - Security Specialist
- Arlington, VA
This position can be located either remotely or at one of our Amazon offices within the contiguous United States. Preference to locations near a major airport due to future travel requirements once travel is appropriate.
Are you passionate about cloud computing with a special focus on information security and compliance? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you like helping organizational leaders think through how to secure services in the AWS Cloud? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a security and compliance solutions architect to work with our US based public sector customers to solve and address their security and compliance questions.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to develop the internal security and compliance expertise needed to deliver results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Work with AWS public sector customers to convey cloud computing security, compliance, and risk management best practices
• Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying secure and compliant cloud-based solutions
• Provide mentorship across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams regarding security and compliance to build skills in the field
• Working with regulators and governments to better understand compliance models in the cloud
• Represent AWS at trade events by delivering presentations and workshops
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• 10+ years of experience in the design, implementation and operation of complex systems
• 5+ years of experience in an information security or compliance role
• 1+ years experience with the cloud computing business model
• 1+ years experience with compliance frameworks such as NIST, CIS, HIPAA
• 3+ years of hands on experience deploying or supporting traditional security infrastructure such as WAF, IDS/IPS or SIEM tools
• A degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline, and relevant industry certifications (CISSP, CISA/M, CIPP/CIPM/CIPT)
• Experience in directly supporting public sector customers
• Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect.
• Experience working with IT and Security leadership to articulate security and/or compliance strategies and plans
• A background working in a regulated industry such as financial services, healthcare or defense
• Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• Meets/exceeds Leadership Principles
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $116,400.00. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top