Principal Solutions Architect, Manufacturing
- New York, NY
Would you like to own driving the Manufacturing Industry strategy for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architecture teams, and work with the world's largest and most creative companies using our Cloud platform to solve their most challenging problems? Are you passionate about applying the next generation of cloud-based compute and storage services within the Manufacturing industry . Come join us!
At AWS we are building a cross-functional team of global technical leaders passionate about growing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the industry. We are seeking individuals with the business background, technical depth, Executive experience and communication skills needed to tackle the complex challenges our Manufacturing industry customers face as they make the journey to the cloud. We're hiring highly passionate experts in Cloud computing to work with our Solutions Architects and Business Development teams on key customer and partner engagements.
You will possess a technical background that enables you to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels within our customer teams. You possess the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to a variety of technical and business audiences. You also demonstrate the ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, financial implications, and are deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, new native digital environments, and with Manufacturing Industry workloads (including ERP, Warehousing, Supply Chain, Factory Automation, Regulatory Compliance and Production Management, Smart Factory, Smart product) and commercial ISV solutions that support these workloads. Your knowledge of data and how to leverage advanced AI/ML will solve complex Process Industry challenges. Your understanding of the broad industry ecosystem makes you stand out from your industry peers.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Together with the Business Development team and the broader AWS team including Partners, Professional Services and Marketing, you will develop the technical elements of the AWS Manufacturing industry strategy for AWS, and plan to engage customers and partners in selected segments within the Industry.
• You will engage with Business Development leaders, Solutions Architects, Account Managers, Professional Services, Marketing and Partners to define a solution engagement strategy for AWS operational geographies and key accounts.
• You are responsible for partnering with local domain experts across the globe to identify the most critical technologies for multiple Manufacturing use-cases, including software solutions and best-practices architectures, to guide AWS solution and service strategies.
• You will establish technical credibility in sales cycles, personally and through the broader technical team to drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customer and partners.
• Demonstrate thought leadership in the Manufacturing space, and credibly represent AWS at Global industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
• Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in senior technical leader positions.
• Knowledge of Industrial Automation and IT-OT Integration technologies, and working with key industrial automation vendors
• Practical experience transforming, designing and implementing Manufacturing systems at scale with an understanding of the financial implications.
• Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is required, including: global infrastructure, tiered application architectures, desktop virtualization, data center operations, network security, software license management, etc. with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
• Technical knowledge of common enterprise application and commercial software used across the Process Manufacturing industry, including ERP/MRP, Process Control Systems, EDI, Industry 4.0 systems and Warehousing Systems, Sales & Distribution systems.
• Strong understanding of Enterprise systems, high scale data movement, storage and analytics techniques, digital customer experiences.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SIs and ISVs.
• Technical degree highly desired; or equivalent background, with AWS Certification preferred.
• Strong understanding of advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning models, deep learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision and the application of these analytic approaches to Manufacturing workloads.
• International Manufacturing industry experience and knowledge.
• Enterprise solutions selling experience is desired.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top