Principal Solutions Architect - Global Life Sciences
- United States
AWS represents the leading edge of innovation for our Health Care and Life Sciences customers all over the world. Every day we work to enable the future of health care and patient treatment regimens to improve the lives of millions. Our customers depend on us to bring the best of Amazon's innovative digital transformation technologies via our platforms, application solutions, analytics, data modeling, research capabilities, and predictive AI/ML offerings from our portfolio - which grows every day.
We are looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. As a Solutions Architect focusing on Global Life Sciences (GLS), you will partner with customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with Sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of GLS customers.
As a trusted customer advocate, the GLS Solutions Architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer, and pre-sales experience. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed GLS revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
• As a key member of the GLS business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
• Educate GLS customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
• Open to domestic travel up to 30%
• 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with Enterprise applications
• 5+ years experience in infrastructure and network architecture, DevOps, or software engineering
• 3+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Experience with compliance models such as HIPAA, PHI, HL7, PCI, and Safe Harbor
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Experience or exposure to the Healthcare and Life Sciences field
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP)
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Strong written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top