Principal Solutions Architect - Financial Services (Melbourne / Sydney)
- Sydney, Australia
Come join us and work with the latest cloud technologies that enable our FSI customers to adopt cloud based solutions. AWS is where innovation, risks, and ideas are celebrated. We are builders, we try new things, and imagine big dreams. It is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This role is within our Enterprise Team in Sydney, advising with our key Financial Services customers. In this Principal Level role, you'll have a highly strategic, organisation wide impact on key customers.
As a Principal Solutions Architect, you'll help your customers successfully implement cloud technologies. You'll solve complex, technical challenges in a regulated environment so your customers can focus on their business. This includes using your knowledge to craft scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures. You'll drive technical solutions discussions, diving deep into the details with customer teams and help large enterprises adopt AWS at scale.
Using your experience in Enterprises you will help customers overcome governance, security and compliance challenges to allow them to move to cloud at speed.
Building relationships to understand our customers is key. As a trusted technical advisor, you'll use your strong interpersonal skills to influence a variety of stakeholders from technical teams to executives. You'll help ensure their short-term technology decisions are aligned with their long-term goals. Speeding up the adoption of our services will be part of your day to day.
You'll also act as an evangelist in the wider community. This includes playing a lead role in educating, sharing best practices, presenting at events, writing white papers, blogs, and running workshops. You won't just want to be part of an industry movement; you'll want to be leading it.
As a Builder, you'll also have the chance to shape the direction of our products and services. This is through gathering feedback from customers whilst collaborating with our engineering and service teams.
Want to find out what it's like to be a Solution Architect at AWS? Watch this video (https://bit.ly/3keYcC9).
• Experience in a senior role as a CTO, Head of Technology, Director, General Manager, Principal Architect, Transformation Specialist, Distinguished Engineer, Technical Program Manager etc.
• Will have experience and/or deeper understanding in one or more technology areas. Specific knowledge in multiple technology domain areas (e.g., software development, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics).
• Can create proof of concepts, demos, and/or scripts from scratch or leveraging reusable components.
• Understands and can articulate common architectural patterns and design principles.
• Can take the lead on a complex technical project, which may require the participation of other teams to deliver.
• Able to create technical content that is easily adopted and reusable by others.
What if I'm not an expert in all qualifications? That's okay. We hire people who have a passion for learning and are curious. You will be supported in your career development here at AWS. You will have plenty of opportunities to build your technical, leadership, business and consulting skills.
This includes formal and informal training, a chance to gain AWS certifications and mentorship opportunities. You will learn from and collaborate with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today.
• Experience architecting, migrating or transforming customer requirements to the cloud
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• One or more AWS certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Professional
• Demonstrated thought leadership through public speaking and / or publications
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top