Principal Solutions Architect
- Chennai, India
Come and join a creative team of AWS Solutions Architects dedicated to help customers achieve business outcomes with AWS platform. Cloud is the new normal and our customers are interested in leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and gain global footprint.
We are hiring Principal Solutions Architects to work with top-tier customers in our Small and Medium sized Business. The Solutions Architects engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, design reliable and cost-effective cloud native architectures. In this role, you will partner with customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams and create solutions that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers.
On the business side, we are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen. You will meet with developers, team leads, engineering directors, and CxOs. Given the large portion of customers who are self-served, interest in and ability to create one-to-many content such as reference architectures and blog posts is an important part of the role.
On the personal attributes side, we are looking for dedicated team members who are passionate about technology and have the drive and capability to absorb and retain vast amounts of deep technical information continuously. People who might get easily bored in slower moving environments might do well here.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Build relationships with senior technical and business leaders within our key customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• In partnership with the sales leadership team across different districts, formulate and execute sales strategies within our strategic customer engagements to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS services.
• Conduct one-to-many sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
• Author AWS customer-facing publications such as blogs, and white papers.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
• Coach and mentor fellow Solutions Architects to help scale and up-skill the organization.
• Own or be a key contributor to the outcome of a big bet initiative for the Solutions Architect organization.
This role requires domestic travel up to 35%.
We are open to hire in our San Francisco, CA or Palo Alto, CA locations.
• 10+ years experience in design & implementation of complex distributed applications and infrastructure.
• 10+ years of real work deployment experience in core infrastructure technologies including compute, storage, networking, databases, security, and management.
• For the last 3+ years, hands-on experience with deploying cloud solutions such as AWS and others.
• Intimately involved in numerous end to end cloud migration projects.
• Working knowledge of application architectures, software development tools, and methodologies. Staying current with emerging technology trends.
• History of successful technical sales, consulting and architecture engagements with numerous customers simultaneously.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired.
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF, etc.).
• Held mid to senior level leadership roles in medium to large sized enterprises or startups.
• Ability to compile and analyze data across businesses and teams and identify patterns, trends.
• Track record of coaching and mentoring other team members.
• Solutions selling experience with partners.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top