Principal Solutions Architect
- Palo Alto, CA
Do you want to mold the future of voice technology? The Alexa Americas team is looking for a Principal Solutions Architect to be the thought leader of our region. In this role, you will be working with top-tier companies & developers to help develop incredible experiences for the Alexa Hispanic business that will wow customers in the US and LATAM. You will also help hire, develop and mentor other solutions architects across the Canada, Mexico and Brazil.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on development experience but at the same time be comfortable leading complex negotiations with C-Level executives. Responsibilities will include owning key technical relationships, and driving the ultimate success of partner projects. You will also be able to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges and to help guide other solutions architects working in each of the country teams for the Americas. The ideal candidate will possess excellent customer engagement and communication skills, technical background to fluently interact and provide guidance to software developers and architects and a desire to lead in an ambiguous space.
• Engage with partners' developers, architects, hardware engineers and project managers to facilitate the integration of Alexa into their products and services
• Help hire, develop and mentor a team of solutions architects across the Americas
• Provide thought leadership for Skills and AVS by becoming the regional Subject Matter Expert and the primary link to central technical teams
• Educate partners of all sizes on the Alexa service and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure their solutions are designed for successful deployment
• Spend time as required on-site with partners helping them integrate with Alexa
• Brief Amazon executive teams on progress in adopting Alexa
• Work with the Alexa product teams to define platform requirements
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge that future Alexa partners can leverage
• Help Alexa business development identify leads for new potential partnerships
• 10+ years of mobile, software or digital experience in technical role.
• 10+ years of experience in the design, coding and implementation of complex IT systems
• 4+ years experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
• Experience leading teams of developers or solutions architects
• An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
• Fluency in Portuguese would be a plus
• Fluency in Spanish and English
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and specific plans quickly
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top