Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like NetFlix, Pintrest, Spotify, Airbnb, and Instagram, as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
AWS is looking for an experienced candidate to join our AMER Compute Solution Architect team focused on the Big Data market. Working hand in hand with our product team, sales teams, and business development, you will help customers leverage the scale and capabilities of EC2 to deploy their Big Data workloads on AWS. Your background in cloud-friendly, scalable architectures will help customers understand how to scale their infrastructure on the cloud.
Leveraging your excellent verbal and written communication skills, you will drive go to market programs, build sales enablement tools, and evangelize our platform with our customers and valued partners. You will use your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs, and identify new opportunities with a specific focus on helping our customers take advantage of EC2 for Big Data workloads. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers from the world's hottest startups to the largest enterprises to understand their requirements and turn them into reality.
The ideal candidate will possess both a technical and business background that enables them to drive engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with engineers who want to expand their use of EC2. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and Bias for Action is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with dev teams inside AWS customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, especially EC2, and that they have the technical resources required.
• Serve as a key member of the Compute Solution Architect team focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
• Help define and prioritize market segments and workloads for EC2, including addressing audiences like Data Engineers, Data Architects, and Data Scientists.
• Set a strategic technical development plan for Big Data workloads on EC2 and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Work yourself out of a job by training the sales and technical field on how to identify and execute on EC2 Big Data opportunities.
• Accelerate outcomes by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
• Develop long-term technical strategy partnerships in support of our key markets.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
• 10-15+ years design, implementation, or consulting experience with data engineering and analytics
• 10+ years of experience in analytics, machine learning, artifical intelligence, infrastructure, database, and networking architectures
• Experience working with external customers (pre-sales, consulting, technology/software sales)
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background desired
• Hands on working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Willingness to travel up to 25% post-pandemic
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.