Principal Solutions Architect
- New York, NY
Cloud is the new normal and our customers are interested in leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and gain global footprint.
We are hiring Enterprise Solutions Architects to work with top-tier Enterprise customers. The Solutions Architect engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, and design reliable and cost-effective cloud-native architectures. As an Enterprise Solutions Architect, you will partner with customers, Sales, and several other AWS teams to create solutions that address business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with Sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. The Solutions Architect is a technical role - you must be broadly competent across many areas of technology (infrastructure, security, DevOps, databases, application development, analytics) and deep in at least 2-3 of those areas. On the business side, the ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical. The Solutions Architect will spend most of their day interacting with several customer stakeholders, including Developers, Engineers, Directors, and CxOs.
Qualities we are looking for:
• At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy working with Enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
• Have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Systems or Support Engineer, including pre-sales experience. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• In partnership with the Sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
• As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS Solutions Architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers
• Build deep relationships with customer technical teams to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, Service Teams and Support
• Open to travel up to 25%
• 10+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications or systems architecture
• 10+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• Deep knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• 12+ years software/technology customer facing experience
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Strong written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• History of successful technical sales consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top