Would you like to own driving the application modernization strategy for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architecture teams? Work with the world's largest companies using our Cloud platform to solve their most challenging technology debts ? Are you passionate about transforming the critical business applications and architectures. Come join us!
At AWS we are building a cross-functional team of global technical leaders passionate about growing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the industry. We are seeking builders with the business background, technical depth, executive experience and communication skills needed to tackle the complex challenges around traditional enterprise business applications and architectures customers face as they make the journey to the cloud. We're hiring highly passionate experts in modernization of enterprise applications to work with our Solutions Architects and Business Development teams on key customer and partner engagements.
You will possess a technical background that enables you to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels within our customer application teams. You possess the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing and how to modernize on-premises architectures to cloud solutions to a variety of technical and business audiences. You also demonstrate the ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, financial implications, and are deeply familiar with complex IT environments (J2EE, EJB, RDMBS, .NET and other codebases and databases) and commercial ISV solutions that support these workloads. Your knowledge of these technologies and modernization solutions will help customers modernize and transform to cloud architectures.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Together with the Business Development team and the broader AWS team including Partners, Professional Services and Marketing, you will develop the technical elements of the AWS application modernization strategy for AWS
• You will engage with Business Development leaders, Solutions Architects, Account Managers, Professional Services, Marketing and Partners to define a solution engagement strategy for AWS operational geographies and key accounts.
• You are responsible for partnering with local domain experts across the globe to identify the most critical technologies for application modernization use-cases, including software solutions and best-practices architectures, to guide AWS solution and service strategies.
• You will establish technical credibility in sales cycles, personally and through the broader technical team to drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customer and partners.
• Demonstrate thought leadership in application architecture, application modernization and cloud native architecture space, and credibly represent AWS at Global industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in senior technical leader positions.
• Consistently demonstrated success developing and delivering customer outcomes in modernizing applications.
• Practical experience in cloud migration and/or modernizations
• Practical experience in modernizing architectures in an agile methodology and familiarity with DevOps practices
• Technical knowledge of enterprise applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SIs and ISVs.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a required, as well as leadership skills.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Technical degree highly desired; or equivalent background, with AWS Certification preferred.
• Proven success managing executive customer relationships and key stakeholders
• Enterprise IT and architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, ITIL)
• Industry speaker, published articles and blogs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $150,000; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site