Principal Software Engineer, Fast Data Technologies
- Hyderabad, India
We are the engine that powers Amazon
Our team builds platform solutions which are at the core of Amazon's consumer, retail and digital businesses. Our NoSQL storage platform processes more than three trillion transactions per day to serve Amazon country-specific and private-label websites and internal Amazon systems. Multiple tier-1, mission-critical services fueling the growth of Amazon businesses use our platform to store customer orders, catalog and product information, shopping cart, Kindle device information, and hundreds of other business critical data-sets. The performance and availability of our platform is critical to the reliability of the Amazon brand. We partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to leverage technologies built for cloud customers, and to offer technologies we invent through the AWS channel to the broader market.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to provide technical leadership to our India development teams in Hyderabad. In this role, you will define the strategic vision and set the technical direction for our storage platform. You will work with our customers and leaders across the company to understand the business direction. You will work with AWS to leverage their technologies where they meet our needs, and innovate where they don't, to build the next generation storage , data security and streaming platforms for Amazon's e-commerce business. You will lead high performance teams and foster innovation. The solutions you and your teams deliver will impact Amazon's millions of customers. You will have an opportunity to have noticeable impact on Amazon's operating cost, top-line growth, and business agility.
Every day we are working hard, having fun and making history - and we'd love you to come work with us.
• Experience delivering enterprise-level solutions
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 6+ years of technical leadership experience
• A strong track record of shipping software on time
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience with scaling and performance of large tier-1 systems
• Strong background in any one of these domains - storage, data security or data streaming
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Back to top