Principal Software Engineer- Amazon Business
- Hyderabad, India
Looking for a career at a company that seeks to be Earth's most customer-centric company? Interested in working on game-changing projects that impact the future of the Business to Business (B2B) landscape? If so, meet Amazon Business.
Amazon Business (AB) launched in the United States in April 2015 with the vision of delivering a comprehensive procurement solution for business customers of all sizes. AB now serves many large enterprises worldwide and has expanded internationally into 9 countries.
We are passionate about architecting the systems the right way and enabling AB on building solutions that help our customers to find and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, countries and regions. These business customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between). The needs of these business customers are different from those of the traditional Amazon.com customers, so we are reinventing everything from how we display our selection, price our products, provide the right customer experience and offer unparalleled customer support.
This Principal Engineer position is for the Amazon Business Global Tech group, where innovation and technologies merge to build brand new features and capabilities for Enterprise customers.
What does it take to succeed in a Principal Engineer role? You love working at scale. You are unafraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details while, at the same time, balancing the need for acting quickly. You think expansively about not only the technical strategy for business customers' buying experience, but about the broader and diverse set of individualized experience throughout their procurement life cycle. You are a thoughtful leader who values diverse teams, knowing that a diverse team has the best chance of having the polite, but vigorous debate required for delivering great engineering solutions. You are intellectually curious and dedicated to making our customers huge fans of Amazon Business Buying Experience. You make the team room both productive and fun to work in.
• You will be responsible for transformative changes to our architecture and drive Amazon Business' technical strategy.
• You will evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing technologies and tools, influence other Principals, Directors and their technical teams to build the right systems that can scale to the needs of the business .
• You'll coach and mentor junior development engineers to build cutting edge systems to support AB centric capabilities around the world.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale projects.
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proven track record of making good technical judgement.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Highly organized individual
• 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Principal-level software engineer.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Experience working in a complex, service oriented software development.
• Experience in shipping successful projects in an Agile environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top