At Amazon, Principal Engineers are both visionary leaders and hands-on builders. As Amazon's most senior individual contributors, Principal Engineers work on our hardest problems. While many companies this size take their foot-off the gas pedal, at Amazon, it's still Day 1. This startup mentality, however, does not admit the luxury of a conservative approach. Principal Engineers are asked to venture beyond comfortable approaches to pioneer new spaces, and inspire others as to what's possible.
Interested in working on game-changing projects that impact the future of the Business to Business (B2B) landscape? If so, meet Amazon Business. Amazon Business (AB) launched in April 2015 with the vision of delivering a comprehensive procurement solution for business customers of all sizes. AB now serves many large enterprises worldwide and has expanded into 9 countries. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between). The needs of these business customers are different from those of the traditional Amazon.com customers, so we are reinventing everything from how we display our selection, price our products, provide the right customer experience and offer unparalleled customer support. This Principal Engineer position merges innovation and forward looking technology. You would be building an almost entirely new amazon.com for business customers!
As a Principal Engineer you will be expected to:
1) Architect complex systems at scale and posses expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
2) Principal Engineers are responsible for driving Amazon's overall technical architecture. They amplify their impact by aligning organizations toward coherent architectural strategies.
3) Actively mentor individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
In the Principal Engineer role, curiosity is essential. We know that creation takes vision, grit and space to experiment. Amazon creates an ideal environment for creative problem solving. Principal Engineers learn to build once unimagined technologies. We start by finding curious, bright leaders like you. Apply to learn more!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale projects.
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proven track record of making good technical judgement.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Highly organized individual
• 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Principal-level software engineer.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Experience working in a complex, service oriented software development.
• Experience in shipping successful projects in an Agile environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.