Principal Security Technical Program Manager
Amazon Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Amazon Video team delivers high-quality instant video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content. Every day we face the challenges of a fast paced market and expanding technology set. As a member of the Amazon Video team, you will spend your time as a hands-on technical leader and have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
If you are interested in the fields of information security and are passionate about making a positive impact by driving the delivery of projects that protect our customer data and earn their trust, this position will provide you with an interesting opportunity in an environment of rapid innovation. You will be responsible for driving projects focused on security improvements in Amazon video's overall service and client applications working with stakeholders across the group in Engineering, Product management to deliver highly impactful results. This will include internal security reviews, working with internal teams to address compliance and audit issues, and enhancing the organization's information security metrics.
This is a senior role with organization-wide scope where you will combine your subject matter expertise in security with your ability to work with internal and external partners (AWS, Information Security, external solution vendors). Ideally, you have deep hands-on experience in network layer security, incident response, vulnerability management, compliance programs and security of web applications. A successful candidate needs to have excellent communication skills to influence managers and software developers across the group. You will leverage your subject matter expertise to partner with other security leaders in Amazon to drive continuous improvements in security at Amazon Video.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of technical program management experience
- 10+ years of experience working in the field of computer security
- Technical expertise in security of web services, network security protocols and security testing tools
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
- Experience managing large security efforts, delivering significant security improvements to large, highly complex systems.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines and multiple teams.
- Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, product managers, and senior business leaders with security metrics to influence decisions.
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Master's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Technical expertise in video formats and video streaming technologies
- Experience driving large scale enterprise projects as a Technical Program Manager
- Experience working in industry standards groups, influencing external technology & business leaders
- CISSP, CISA, CISM and/or other security certifications preferred.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top