Principal Security Technical Program Manager
- United States
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. Today, the AWS Partner Network (APN) supports tens of thousands of consulting and technology partners who in turn serve AWS customers across virtually every industry, segment, and geography. As such we are constantly evolving our systems to support this vast network and are looking for a highly skilled & motivated Principal Security TPM to define and lead cross-organization security initiatives and solve security challenges within APN at scale. This is an exciting and visible role - you will directly influence the security postures for our APN products and services. You will regularly interact with world-class engineers and senior leadership
As a Principal Technical Program Manager, you will develop elegant solutions to complex Partner program security needs, as well as design response and remediation strategies to safeguard Partner and Customer trust. You will help ensure our applications, services and systems are designed and implemented to the highest standards and resilient to modern threats without sacrificing flexibility needed in the business.
If you enjoy enabling others while keeping them safe, discovering and addressing security issues, and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios, this role will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will lead security and process assessments, work together with AWS Security teams on risk analysis, vulnerability testing, and security reviews across all elements of the Partner Network. Ongoing end to end process evaluation will help you find further opportunities to improve, while you bridge the gap until process improvements are complete.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity, communication with many stakeholders and distributed teams, and thrive on solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before.
This position to any location in the United States where we have Amazon corporate presence.
Up to 10% travel required.
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
• 7+ years of experience in identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
• 3+ years of experience in network, system or software architecture; design, implementation, support and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
• Experience in vulnerability testing and auditing.
This position can be based anywhere where we have significant AWS Corporate presence in the United States.
• Experience developing and implementing security protocols
• Demonstrated ability to work strategically in the face of business, product, and technical challenges
• Executive presence, polished presentation skills, and stellar written communication
• Goals and metrics oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Prior experience working with either Consulting or Technology Partner communities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top