Principal Security Specialist - Information Security | Austin, TX or Arlington, VA
- Austin, TX
At Amazon, we are obsessed with customer trust. Information Security enables Amazon business leaders to securely develop and operate to maintain Customer Trust by guarding the confidentiality and integrity of Amazon and customer data. We assess risk, classify data and systems, detect potential intrusion, and render useless the value of data that may be leaked.
Amazon.com is looking for a Principal Program Manager (Industry Specialist) to focus on new strategic information security projects. This role will support an initiative to define and implement steps to achieve our long term security vision for customer trust, solving our most challenging problems with novel and scalable solutions. In this principal level role, you will work with cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical key stakeholders to define strategy and interpret, communicate, and drive full lifecycle security projects. You will partner with Legal, Product teams, and Engineering teams to evaluate and develop security services and infrastructure. If you enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment and influencing the strategic direction of a large global organization, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
This program will be the central point of sharing security related information and driving security related programs across Amazon's Consumer, Digital and Other (CDO) organization. Amazon's CDO organization includes a variety of large and growing businesses. It is inclusive of the Consumer Web site, the fulfilment centers, TV and Movie Studios, Prime Video, Devices (Alexa, Kindle, FireTV), IMDB, Zappos, Whole Foods, and many other business. This role will be a direct report to the InfoSec Director leading new strategic initiatives. The role will provide opportunities to think big, be customer obsessed, and to partner with business teams across Amazon.com. In this role, you will define, communicate and manage challenging projects across multiple teams and locations.
The successful candidate can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your program goals. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach to build trust with engineers and Senior Leaders.
This position may be located in Austin TX, New York, or Seattle WA. Relocation available.
• 10+ years of experience in security roles as an analyst, auditor, engineer, and/or program manager
• 5+ years of experience with implementation of security controls and driving rollout of controls.
• 10+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
• 10+ years of executive communication. Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business
• Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Risk Management, Engineering, Math, Statistics or related discipline, or 15+ years' equivalent technology experience
• Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments
• Have experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
• Have experience driving security programs across large diverse organizations
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
• An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently
• Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
• Strong customer focus, ownership, sense of urgency and drive
• Familiarity with web services, multi-tiered systems, complex architectures, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration
• Passion to make things better and resourceful, solutions-based approach to partnership
• Security-related certifications (i.e. CISSP, CISA)
• Possess an understanding of core information security principles and associated risk management principles
• Have extensive experience with of process improvement, team building, and strategic development
• Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT security effectiveness and consistency
• Experience with large enterprise environments
• Experience with AWS products and services
• Experience with cross-organizational collaboration and negotiation
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top