Principal Security Solution Architect
- London, United Kingdom
We are searching for SECURITY Solutions Architects with deep security expertise to join our team.
Do you have an experience in delivering strategic outcomes for security, resilience and compliance? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the security and regulatory aspects of the cloud and help large enterprises safely transition their data centers to the AWS platform? Come join us!
We are looking for passionate and experienced security professionals, who will be Subject Matter Experts (SME), to work with customers to help guide their vision, address risks and implement their security, resilience and compliance strategies on the AWS platform. This role will provide thought leadership and operate with a high degree of autonomy and visibility as part of our Global Accounts team.
The ideal candidate will ...
Be great fun to work with. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers and partners. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world's largest and most important organizations.
Travel up to 30% for face-to-face customer engagements, internal conferences, and industry events.
Be an experienced and innovative cyber and security professional with exceptional stakeholder management skills
Can advise and deliver strategic outcomes across a wide range of industry sectors and challenging environments.
Willing to challenge, dive into the details, and show how AWS can support complex security, resilience and compliance strategies, to CEO and Board level.
This role will also directly interface with our AWS partners and bring them into customers to successfully move their business applications to the AWS cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Design Customer Solutions - Work with Security teams at existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs. Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Cloud platform and Security Services. Collaborate with AWS field sales, training, and support teams to ensure customer success. Help customers understand how they can integrate AWS security controls into their own control frameworks and recommending approaches to implement their controls on AWS.
• Be Customer Obsessed - Work with customers to resolve complex security concerns and problems and achieve security, resilience and compliance outcomes on the AWS platform through deep dive discussions, strategic presentations/recommendations, and hands on demonstrations in the AWS environment
• Exhibit Thought Leadership - Evangelize AWS Services and Security Solutions that benefit customers. Share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent.
• Partner with Customer Account Teams, Business Development Managers and Security Service teams to accelerate customer adoption and revenue attainment.
• Act as technical connection between customers and the service engineering teams, providing product improvement feedback to AWS developers and accelerating the adoption of new features in customer deployments.
• Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
• Understand AWS market segments and industry verticals. Be and remain connected with industry trends and events primarily in EMEA/USA, but also throughout the world as it relates to industry regulations and requirements.
• Develop and support the AWS internal community of security technologists.
• Experience collaborating with the sales team to drive customer satisfaction, exceed customer expectations, create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS and exceed revenue goals
• 4+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of large-scale, enterprise applications
• 2+ years experience working with multi-national customers in support of technology sales
• Minimum 4 years experience of developing and implementing security strategy and technology in large, complex enterprises in multiple industry verticals, across a wide range of technology platforms
• Demonstrated experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
• Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks
• Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
• Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
• Technical degree required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
• Experience in developing and delivering cyber security and technology strategy across many different industry sectors
• Experience working internationally and being able to confidently traverse different corporate cultures
• Deep understanding of cloud computing
• Demonstration of innovative security, resilience and compliance approaches to solve complex security, resilience and compliance challenges
• Experience and proficiency in public speaking and can hold own in senior-level presentations and discussions
• Experience defining security, resilience and compliance strategies, and ensuring that committed outcomes are delivered on schedule
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top