Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Millions of businesses in 150+ countries, from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises, across all industries including public sector, run their operations and applications on AWS. Many Enterprise customers seek help from AWS Professional Services in their transition to a cloud-based IT operating model.
To help us grow and scale our business, we are seeking a Sales Operations Principal for the AWS Professional Services Security & Infrastructure Global Specialty Practice (S&I GSP). The S&I GSP works with AWS's enterprise customers to design, build, and optimize their security, DevOps, and cloud infrastructure architecture to drive business results at planetary scale. The scope of the S&I GSP also includes AWS Security Assurance, LLC., a wholly-owned subsidiary of AWS that is a PCI-QSAC and HITRUST External Assessor Firm.
A successful candidate is one with strong operational, financial, problem solving, analytical, collaboration, and communication skills. This individual will set the strategy and lead multiple key sales and business processes/systems, reports, and strategies that optimize business functions to meet organizational goals and initiatives required to meet the rapid growth and complexity the business. This will include maintaining a great experience for our customers, high productivity of consultants, and efficient execution of business operations. The role is one of a "player-coach", in that the individual will have responsibility for certain business processes and mechanisms while also influencing and mentoring others.
• Daily Operations: Ensure all Order to Cash processes are complete, implemented and audit ready, including: Project set up, staffing and accounting; financial forecasting, invoicing and collections.
• Resource Management: Provide analysis and maintain a steady pulse around key resource management metrics such as availability, utilization and identify issues and trends. Meet regularly with functional leads, business operations leads, Finance, Talent Acquisition, Partner Strategy and other groups to ensure staffing needs, utilization potential and resource sharing across functions, segments and practices.
• Opportunity Pipeline Management: Work with sales, growth strategies and practice development teams to coordinate monthly pipeline and deal quality reviews to ensure efficient execution across the team in the sales cycle.
• Business Planning: Provide business analytics and insights to influence strategy/tactics/behavior. Establish processes for end to end execution of sales quota setting, sales compensation management, operational planning, revenue planning, headcount planning, and budgeting.
• Scale & Simplify Business Operations: Develop and implement mechanisms to drive continuous improvements across the business, including process automation/elimination.
• Cross-functional Teaming: Collaborate with internal stakeholders including Sales, Finance, Marketing, Partner Team, Legal, Recruiting and Global Business Operations to collect business requirements and lead initiatives to meet goals and market development objectives.
• BA/BS degree in business or equivalent experience
• 10+ years demonstrated experience working in a Professional Services and/or Sales organization, driving business operations, efficiencies and KPI's.
• 2+ years experience with Salesforce, or other CRM.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills across all levels of the business from technical partners to senior leadership, including demonstrated success influencing senior leaders and decision makers with business insights, financial analysis and forecasting.
• AWS Certifications or familiarity with the Cloud Computing Platform
• Salesforce.com (SFDC) Certifications or familiarity with Professional Services Automation (PSA) tools (e.g. Financial Force) features & functionality
• Tableau and/or Excel financial modeling skills and ability to create insightful analysis.
• Aptitude for technology, able to learn new tools quickly.
• Ability to dive deep into business processes, simplify and drive results to meet customer needs.
• Proven ability to manage ambiguity, and influence without direct ownership and specific requirements.
• Entrepreneurial, scrappy attitude and willingness to 'roll up the shirt sleeves' and get things done.
• Demonstrate experience proactively recognizing a challenge or problem and working with a variety of teams and data sources to diagnose the problem and recommend solutions.
• Master's Degree
Mentorship & career growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive team culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 122,300 - $160,000 yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site