Principal SA - Capture & Proposal
- United States
• This position can be located anyplace in the contiguous United States
Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Would you like to be part of a sales group, but have your opinion valued as a technical resource as part of planning and strategies?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Principal Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing business as part of our capture and proposal team. This is a strategic position for an IT professional who has deep technical experience and also worked with public sector procurement, information security, IT management, and related disciplines.
As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon Lambda, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly for internal capture and proposal efforts, as well as our ecosystem of systems integrators, consulting and technology partners. Your broad responsibilities will include: evaluating industry trends across RFx materials in the RFx pipeline, and developing common strategies and architectures to address these trends; performing strategic analysis for specific RFx materials, and developing or aiding in the development of technical responses to customer RFIs and RFPs; working with customers and partners throughout the capture and proposal process; owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures; helping partners develop architectures and understanding AWS services; developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
As a Solutions Architect on our team, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to our customers while working with a world class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solution architect community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the following:
• Helping our customers to design and create cloud computing architectures
• Our company credo: "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." It's critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
• Deep-dive technical discussions around design and an intellectual curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends.
With experience in the following key areas:
• Technical presentation experience - White board, small and large group presentations
• Technical - Web Services development/deployment experience, cloud computing
• Operational - Web site/services operations, management, and security
• Some travel (<20%) is required for training and client visits
This position requires the candidate selected to be a US citizen
The position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
• 10+ years enterprise IT application experience
• 2+ years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, Network Administration, IT Security, Systems Architecture or other technical discipline
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS, Math or related field or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of professional writing experience specifically focused on the business and product development domains within information technology.
• This position can be located in the greater Washington DC area; greater Seattle area; greater San Francisco Bay Area; or Greater Denver areas
• Background in business development and architecting solutions in response to [public or commercial] sector requests for proposal, requests for tender.
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
• Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
• Understanding of application and IT Infrastructure
• Understanding of industry compliance standards (NIST 800-53, NIST-800-171, FedRAMP, DoD CC SRG)
• Experience working for or working with public sector institutions and/or contractors
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
• Some travel (<20%) is required for training and client visits
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top