Principal Risk Manager, DOT
- Rogers, AR
Transportation Risk & Compliance (TRC) is a team that protects all of Amazon's transportation businesses by designing and implementing scalable risk management solutions which enable business growth. These systems, invisible to the customer, aim to work seamlessly across the transportation network to ensure safe and compliant business continuity.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Risk Manager. As Amazon is continuously developing new transportation solutions, this global leader will work with business leaders to assess program risk and proactively identify compliance and regulatory risk. The successful candidate will propose innovative approaches and risk mitigation strategies throughout the business life-cycle. In this highly visible role, you will work closely with the legal, business, product, and engineering teams, to ensure that risk mitigation countermeasures are effective to ensure continued safety and compliance for Amazon and our transportation partners. This senior leader will leverage their knowledge of regulations, their insight into industry standards, their experience in risk assessment and mitigation to create and influence Amazon's transportation policies and strategies throughout the business life-cycle.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with Amazon legal, business, and engineering stakeholders to identify regulatory, compliance, or other risks as the subject matter expert (SME).
- Design and implement the risk assessment framework for Amazon transportation programs and influence the product landscape for audit and control.
- Perform risk assessments of Amazon over-the-road programs.
- Guide senior leadership, resolve risk management concerns, implement mitigation strategies, and influence the product roadmap.
- Anticipate challenges/obstacles the transportation business would encounter as while expanding geographies. Lead with high judgement the policy development as the regulatory landscape evolves.
- Communicate in a concise, accurate, and professional manner to business partners and executives.
• Bachelor's degree in business, policy, risk management or related field
• Practical experience working with US DOT regulations and FMCSA auditors
• 10+ years of risk management, regulatory engagement, or similar discipline experience including engaging with external stakeholders
• Self-starter who can develop strategic direction, plan effective tactics and deliver specific results.
• Exceptional ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment / decision-making skills, and political acumen. Intelligently build a course of action, analyze trade-offs, and make recommendations even in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to understand complex business processes and technologies.
• Analytical decision making with a demonstrated ability to problem solve, make decisions in complex situations, and drive issues to completion.
• Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact at all corporate and political levels. Ability to create factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging, and persuasively deliver it to relevant audiences.
• Ability to prioritize workloads, remain flexible, and maintain a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment while supporting multiple, simultaneous programs.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 5+ of demonstrated experience working on issues impacting the motor transport industry, such as competition, privacy, consumer protection, tax, copyright, trade, labor, transportation and infrastructure, product compliance, sustainability.
- 5+ years experience with managing and engaging with regulatory agencies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top