Principal Risk Manager, Digital Risk Management
- Seattle, WA
Digital Content and Commerce Services (DCCS) invents on behalf of Amazon's digital, subscription and device customers and businesses to enable faster delivery of results to customers while ensuring reliability, scalability, privacy, regulatory compliance and cost efficiency.
The Risk Management team in DCCS is looking for an experienced Principal Risk Manager to develop and support global risk initiatives by proactively monitoring and managing risks that impact DCCS and our Digital businesses. In this highly visible role, you will partner with stakeholders across Amazon to identify risks, and act as a thought leader who recommends and lead risk mitigation strategies with system and product owners across DCCS and our Digital businesses. You will work independently with the ability to prioritize workloads, remain flexible, and maintain a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment while supporting multiple, simultaneous programs. We value personality, insight, intellectual flexibility, and sound business judgment.
Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 10+ years of risk management or compliance experience with strong project/ program management skills, great judgement, and a passion for managing large organizational initiatives.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Developing and leading the end-to-end risk management program from risk identification to executive reporting.
• Partnering with Legal, Tax, Accounting, Public Relations and other teams to identify regulatory, compliance, or other risks.
• Providing risk subject matter expertise (SME) and building risk management awareness across DCCS.
• Guiding senior leadership to balance risk management concerns and risk mitigations with customer experience while developing product roadmaps.
• Maintaining a prioritized roadmap to address risks and improve risk programs.
• Evaluating known issues and identifying root causes through end-to-end process evaluations.
• Communicating project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner to business partners and executives.
• BA/BS degree and 10+ years or Master's degree and 7+ years of experience in Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Compliance, Finance or similar field.
• 7+ years of experience in risk management, regulatory, or compliance roles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of risk management methods and industry best practices.
• Ability to understand complex business processes and technologies.
• Analytical decision making with a demonstrated ability problem solve, make decisions in complex situations and drive issues to completion.
• Proven history of having worked effectively across cross-functional teams and business functions to drive positive change.
• Graduate Degree preferred.
• Relevant certifications.
• Desire to exceed expectations.
• Proven ability to influence and make an impact.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately in an ambiguous environment.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment similar to a high tech start-up.
• Experience with audit or risk program design, control environment process documentation and control mapping.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top