Principal Reliability Engineer
- Paris, France
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Principal Hardware Reliability Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You should have a good understanding of Reliability statistics, Reliability tests and solid understanding design for reliability to:
• Define new test specifications, methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability
• Identify and validate product risks and work with design and reliability engineering teams to mitigate them
• Perform reliability prediction of failure mechanisms on products under development and products in the field
• Master's degree or PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related fields or equivalent experience
• 15+ years of experience in reliability engineering
• Experience with hardware reliability testing such as vibration & shock testing, fatigue testing, electrical stress testing, ESD testing, and thermal stress testing
• Experience in System reliability analysis methodologies such as Reliability Allocation, Reliability Growth, Maintainability and Availability etc.
• Capable to use quality and reliability tools such as FMEA, Fishbone, FTAs, RBDs, DOEs and Six-sigma methods to build reliable products
• Experience in data analytics, statistical analysis. Able to perform reliability analysis such as lifetime analysis, accelerated factor studies, reliability modeling and reliability allocation
• Experience with IC/Semiconductor reliability, board reliability, display reliability, IC package types, board design and layout.
• Familiar with data analysis tools such as JMP, Reliasoft, Matlab, Minitab or Python
• Proven track record of leading programs for end to end system reliability
• Strong communication skills in writing and presenting
• Able to deep dive into reliability problems and resolve them independently.
• Experience in the area of robotics, automation, space and/or automotive
• Experience with failure analysis techniques: Electrical debug, Cross sectioning, dye and pry and microscopy
• Knowledge of reliability and quality standards from IEC, IEEE, ISO, ANSI, ASTM and JEDEC. Knowledge in the areas of compliance and functional safety will be a plus.
• Willingness to inspire and motivate teams in ambiguous environments
• This position will require some international travel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top