Principal Recruiter, Economics/Optimization/Data Science Recruiting
- Dallas, TX
The Science and Design Leadership Recruiting and Academic Partnerships (formerly known as, the Strategic Recruiting Team) focuses on building top specialized talent communities in Design and Applied Research, including Machine Learning (ML), Computer Vision, Speech Recognition/Natural Language Processing, Optimization, Economics, Sustainability, Hardware, Data Science and Robotics globally at Amazon. We build teams in emerging fields and recruit senior Design and Science leaders. As a core talent function, we also develop Amazon's presence at key gatherings, drive academic relations and facilitate internal community efforts. Our efforts support Amazon's development of new businesses, such as Alexa and Amazon Go while ensuring state-of-the-art research and design are at the forefront of Amazon's more mature organizations.
We are seeking a Principal Recruiter for the Numerical Science practice in our team working on Economics, Optimization, Research Operations, and Data Science positions globally across Amazon.
The successful candidate will have deep expertise in executive recruiting. As an active participant in the senior Economics, Optimization, Research Ops, and Data Science leadership community, the Principal Recruiter will have excellent consultation and partnership skills with world-class technical leaders. The ideal candidate should be passionate about hiring and developing great talent advisors and have a personal track record of successfully delivering against the most difficult talent acquisition challenges. They will have outstanding business acumen, strong analytical thinking skills, operational excellence and comfort will decision making under ambiguity. They will also have exceptional talent assessment skills, a high bar for talent and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
The near-term objectives of this impactful role are:
• Execute executive search for a small portfolio of complex Numerical Science searches; consulting with senior leaders to launch new positions, develop search strategy plans, engage world-class talent and deeply assess prospective candidates for long-term fit with Amazon.
• Become a trusted partner to and participant of Amazon's growing and diverse Economics, Optimization, Research Operations, and Data Science leadership community.
This person will operate in a complex, international, fast paced environment, where customer experience is paramount and juggling conflicting demands against tight deadlines is the norm.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of full life-cycle recruiting experience
• Highly conversant with recruiting software, Excel, Outlook, Word
• Executive search experience
• Exposure to project/program management methodologies
• Exposure to talent in quantitative or specialized technologies fields
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top