Principal - Public Sector Pricing Strategist
- London, United Kingdom
Do you want to be part of world's most customer centric company and its' leading brand of cloud services? Do you love analyzing large scale data and driving simplification and strategic decisions? Are you great at cross functional coordination and building consensus around approaches? If the answer is yes to all, this is a perfect role for you.
Worldwide Public Sector Business Desk under Amazon Web Services is currently looking for a senior leader to develop strategic programs and lead business and customer analysis to support our fast growing Partners business. As a leader within the Public Deals Desk Team, this role will work closely with customers, sales leaders, AWS services and support teams and identify customer enablers/blockers to own and develop new customer programs. This will also require synthesizing and analyzing pricing/financial data for new deal constructs, customer analysis, and build/refresh/sustain business reporting. An ideal candidate will have deep experience and knowledge in Partner ecosystem in Public Sector, IT procurement regulations, expertise in advanced data analysis, and comfortable in verbal and written communication across all levels. Experience in Datacenter and Cloud Infrastructure services is a plus.
Duties will include:
• Work directly with customers, sales leaders, services/support teams, and AWS leadership teams - provide thought leadership, identify customer blockers/enablers, and own developing/scaling programs, end to end.
• Optimize existing processes and develop new scalable/repeatable process.
• Provide business or pricing analysis to prioritize and lead deal construct efforts.
• Support Public Sector Partners teams with custom pricing.
• Analyze, and report quantitative data; perform ad hoc analyses; build financial models/options
• Train, communicate, and partner with Public Sector Leadership Team.
• Build credibility and trust with internal and external customers.
• Demonstrate work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
• Strong leadership, negotiation, advanced verbal and written communication, and persuasion skills.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the proven ability to:
• Develop new ideas and creative solutions.
• Work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
• Meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
• Work and excel on cross-functional teams.
• Focus on customers/partners and work backwards.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• BA/BS degree in Operations, Finance, or Economics.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in business analysis.
• 8-10 years of experience leading and developing teams
• Prior work experience in technology industry.
• MBA in Finance or Operations.
• Knowledge and experience in Cloud infrastructure.
• Knowledge and work experience with Public Sector Partners.
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: SQL, and Microsoft Access.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top