Principal Proposal Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon has spent years building one of the world's most efficient and optimized supply chains. The Amazon Distribution and Fulfillment Solutions Org (ADFS) will build on that foundation and continue to innovate end-to-end supply chain capabilities. #ADFSJobs
This Principal Proposal Manager will create, own, and implement a strategy to target and convert customer who will benefit from leveraging Amazons world class supply chain. As the Principle Proposal Manager you will be responsible for 1) leading some of our largest and most impactful RFP/RFQ/RFIs and 2) improving our proposal procedures and tools, in collaboration with sales operations.
We're looking for someone who can bring in fresh insights and help lead the way. The right candidate is someone who can think big while diving deep, remain flexible to change, and has a passion for invention.
• Lead proposals for some of our most impactful customers
• Lead continuous improvement for proposal processes across the team.
• Maintain ongoing relationships through meeting and customer engagement, to ensure we are providing top-tier support to our integrator partners.
• Liaise with Product, Operations and Tech teams to ensure roadmaps are aligned with strategy.
• Work with Business Strategy and marketing team to ensure necessary materials are created to support recruitment goals.
• Build and maintain a presence for ADFS, through attendance at industry conferences, events, etc.
• The right person will be highly technical and analytical, and also capable of understanding the complexities of software, supply chain, and e-commerce processes
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in solutions development, product management, product marketing, business development within supply chain and operations
• Experience working with emerging technologies, proficient in developing a tangible plan of action to achieve a bold vision.
• 10+ years experience in supply chain proposals
• Proven ability to prospect, recruit, and manage executive level relationships
• Experience with supply chain and distribution.
• Excellent presentation, sales, and negotiation skills; ability to close high value and high profile deals
• Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create real plans to achieve them
• Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions
• Strong problem-solving skills; ability to analyze issues and create appropriate tactical plans
• Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Demonstrated ability to champion and drive cross-functionally improvement initiatives
• Comfort working with a broad range of technology tools including SharePoint, Excel, Access, Word, and Salesforce.com
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• MBA preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top