Principal Program Manager - World Wide Customer Service
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Consumer Business operates across the world and serves the needs of millions of customers. Mitigating any issues that occurs while fulfilling customers' orders is a core responsibility of Amazon's Worldwide Customer Service (CS) organization. To continue to raise the bar on these operations, CS is hiring a Principal Program Manager who will drive the operations associated with managing CS issued refunds, replacements, and goodwill gift certificates (i.e., Concessions).
In this Principal Program Manager role, you will be responsible for managing global CS concession policies, monitoring the execution of concession operations, coordinating the delivery of concession operations in new countries, and meeting any country specific regulatory requirements for concession issuance. The ideal candidate is a tenured Program Manager excited about operational excellence, business growth, and process innovation. You will have experience working with operations, product, and technical teams.
As a tenured Program Manager, you have a track record of diving deep into product details, understanding technology capabilities and limitations, and making high judgement decisions about how to handle stakeholder requests. You exhibit high proficiency and efficacy in core program management skills such as managing granular details of complex WW launches, negotiating functional requirements across diverse teams of varying disciplines, and implementing mechanisms to scale repeatable processes. You have a track record of working with highly technical colleagues and teams. You have strong verbal communication skills and can independently produce highly polished documents. You enjoy mentoring junior team members and sharing your expertise with fellow colleagues.
• Gather knowledge and coordinate execution across multiple global partner teams.
• Work with CS Operations teams to track policy compliance and remediate outlier behavior.
• Identify and produce appropriate business metrics and continually assess their improvement over time.
• Concisely represent CS to business leaders and technical staff at all levels of the company.
• Own tasks that support reporting requirements for the US Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act.
• Demonstrate exceptional judgment, integrity, business acumen, and communication skills.
• Negotiate and coordinate with cross-functional organizations.
• Implement mechanisms that drive clarity and specificity across multiple worldwide organizations.
• Manage escalations that emerge do to unexpected gaps in existing concession products.
• 7+ years of work experience performing relevant program or project management job functions.
• Experience managing multiple competing priorities and engaging technical & non-technical stakeholders.
• Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills at the executive level.
• Strong critical thinking skills with ability to challenge normal operations.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• Strong bias for action and be able to work iteratively.
• Ability to work with teams at all levels of the organization.
Experience leading cross-org discussions and working with a matrixed team of stakeholders to achieve common goal.
• Experience working in Customer Service or Retail Business operations.
• The ability to use SQL and other data analysis tools (e.g., tableau, Quicksight, or Python).
Back to top