Principal Program Manager - Talent Management
- Seattle, WA
Do you care about the way we develop and motivate employees at Amazon? Do you have strong backbone and the ability to deliver a complex, innovative experience that will touch multiple parts of Amazon's business? If so, join the Global Talent Management (GTM) organization as we reimagine talent evaluation technologies. Our pioneering solutions will scale to a workforce with hundreds of thousands of Amazonians all over the world.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to drive the launch of new processes and features that help leaders evaluate, manage, and grow their talent. The right candidate is looking to join an ambitious team whose goal is to solve hard problems, innovate, and challenge the status quo on behalf of our employees. They will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about needs, drive process improvement, work in ambiguous environments, and earn trust across stakeholders and backgrounds.
• Facilitate and advise on early-stage research into new talent evaluation processes and products
• Write documents that work backwards from customer and partner needs
• Dive deep into customer and system data to perform analysis
• Partner effectively with other leaders in product, design, engineering, science, and business intelligence to influence priorities and drive alignment
• Define the long-term vision and product roadmap based on customer research, science, and product utilization
• Define new features to meet emerging customers' needs
• Make hard, high-judgment trade-offs between features,
• Define, build, and manage pilot projects to experiment with new approaches to talent evaluation across Amazon
• Establish mechanisms to measure and track metrics related to talent evaluation, and execute improvements to the approach based on those measurements
• Build relationships with partner HR teams to ensure solutions consider the bigger picture
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 8+ years relevant product, program or project management experience
• 5+ years managing large scale, complex cross-functional programs
• Experience collaborating effectively with geographically dispersed teams
• Strong written and verbal communication to gain buy-in for direction and crisply communicate status updates
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems, showing a track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights
• Strong organizational skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
• MBA or Master's degree in Engineering, Management, or Technology
• Expertise in scalable program management techniques and tools.
• Success influencing stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units.
• Track record of taking end-to-end ownership, solving problems, and successfully delivering results in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to synthesize and drive insights out of a large and diverse data sets.
Back to top