Principal Program Manager, Grocery, Amazon Go
Amazon Go is a new kind of physical store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Learn more at amazon.com/go.
The Team: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly-collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious team whose goal it is to improve the daily lives of customers. If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on the Amazon Go team.
The Role: Amazon Go is looking for a Principal Program Manager to engage with a cross-disciplinary team to conceive, design, and develop innovative strategies and solutions to grow the business. This role will work with planning, category management, operations, in-stock, design and engineering teams to define new processes and standardize existing ones.
A successful candidate will combine an ability to Think Big with the ability to move quickly. We are looking for a passionate, data-driven decision maker who likes experimenting, setting high standards, and staying ahead of a dynamic and growing business. An ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities.
- Work with a cross-functional team to define processes that will grow the business.
- Define and execute multiple time-sensitive, large-scale projects to meet business objectives in defined timeframes.
- Identify, drive, and develop best practices, efficiencies, and project workflows.
- Communicate with senior management on project status, strategy, risks, and issues.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs with technical constraints.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 6+ years of relevant experience working in program management
- Experience developing and delivering process improvements
- Strong data analysis, problem-solving, and project management skills. Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- History of collaboration and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done (no job is too large, no job is too small).
- Able to prioritize complex deliverables, have highly technical discussions, and run large meetings with technical and business leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with a practical, common sense approach.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Proven ability to influence others, facilitating agreement among stakeholders with different interests.
- Program Management experience in a retail store environment
- Strong leadership background in buying/planning, product management, retail merchandising, operations or financial analysis with a proven history of owning/driving results.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top