Principal Program Manager, Finance Technology - Program Management Office
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers, developers, publishers and sellers around the world. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
Finance is critical to the success of Amazon's rapid global expansion of its business. Program Managers lead projects for cross functional teams focused on the delivery of a new feature, service, product, or system. We are seeking a Principal Program Manager for the Finance Technology - Program Management Office (PMO). In addition to continuously driving and improving the execution of Finance's core mission, this role requires working closely with a team of cross functional business partners, finance senior management and key software development teams across the company to launch business programs and lead the teams through successful delivery. This role does not have any direct reports.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Amazon's products, business models, payment architecture and financial operations
- Support critical relationships with internal and external business partners
- Leads the most complex, mission critical cross company projects from initiation through delivery.
- Defines and enforces broad, company-wide standards for the way new initiatives are scoped, designed and put into production.
- Applies expert knowledge of core technology and/or functional areas to coordinate program design and launch within schedule and budget constraints.
- Uses broad expertise of unique knowledge, contributes to the development of company objectives and principles to achieve goals
- Assess and defines customer value or impact and criteria for measuring project success
- Drives solutions to some of the company's most challenging business issues
- Ensure consistent and efficient execution of all functions across Finance Technology by working closely with internal business partners and stakeholders to drive adoption and implementation of global standards, processes and programs
- 10+ years of a Principal Program Management role, Shared Services Implementation or Senior Director role with experience in a related industry, including managing complex software implementation and retail operations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the enterprise
- Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
- Skilled at driving consensus with technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven success in leading large programs across multiple business functions.
- Degree in Finance, Engineering or Accounting or 10+ years of equivalent work experience
- Experience with and understanding or delivering projects following SDLC or agile methodologies
- MBA or advance degree is a plus
- Experience in both industry and consulting is a plus for this role
- Project/Program Management Certification: PMP, PgMP or equivalent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top