Principal Program Manager, EC2 BOS
- Seattle, WA
Principal Program Manager, EC2 BOS
Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. Customers around the world rely on EC2 to provide elastic, high performance, secure and cost effective resources to scale their infrastructure to keep up with their changing business needs. In EC2 Business Operations and Strategy (BOS) in AWS, our mission is to ensure we deliver critical organizational goals and initiatives that move the needle on the quality, speed, and cost of output for the EC2 business.
The EC2 BOS team is looking for a passionate, data-driven, and organized Principal Program Manager to help us streamline and automate programs and processes, set best practices, create and maintain operational delivery excellence, and can be a trusted advisor to the organization's senior executives. The key responsibilities of the role will include: driving and ownership of business operations and programs including goals, headcount, recruiting, operational planning, Rhythm of the Business, external engagements, communications, and departmental budget management.
From Day 1, the Principal PM is given ownership and the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions, along with the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience and the business. This role requires working with professionals in many different domains including Account Management, Finance, Engineering, Forecasting, Product Management, and Recruiting.
• You bring extensive experience in streamlining business operations programs, effectively communicate and drive strategic initiatives to business leaders.
• You bring a unique combination of business, data analytics, and operations management skills. You provide the right amount of information and insights to business teams, and are also able to dive deep to have a thorough understanding of the current programs to identify opportunities.
• You are very comfortable juggling competing priorities, being scrappy when needed and handling ambiguity. You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment on highly visible projects and initiatives.
• You are data driven and have experience in data analytics. You are passionate about finding root causes and trends independently. You use data to support your ideas, drive actionable outcomes, and identify opportunities for automation and scalability.
• You own the organization's business operations metrics reporting, and partner with peer vertical teams to produce and communicate updates.
• You have a natural ability to lead teams by utilizing both hard and soft skills, and have backbone to make tradeoffs by clearly communicating the "why" if projects change course and timeline.
• You look around corners and are proactive in identifying areas of risk to both internal and external customers. You are constantly inventing new ways to measure the health of the business, and insist on the highest standards when holding others accountable to deliver results.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Operations, or similar field
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in program/project management, business operations, finance, and/or in a leading role
• Demonstrated experience working effectively cross functionally with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
• Ability to communicate in writing clearly, succinctly, and in a data-driven fashion
• Master's Degree in Business, Operations, or Finance
• Prior experience SQL, Tableau and other BI and analytics technologies
• Project Management/Agile methodologies; Lean Six Sigma Certification
• Excellent problem-solving skills. Comfortable with going deep and wide. Data driven
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Ability to balance the strategic with the operational, even as operational load increases during peak season
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top