Principal Program Manager - Amazon Alexa
Interested in the speech and language understanding technology that powers the Alexa experience? Come work on it!
The Alexa Machine Learning team made the magic of Alexa possible, but that was just the beginning. Our goal is to make voice and multimodal interfaces ubiquitous and as natural as speaking to a human. The team is responsible for cutting-edge research and development in virtually all fields of Human Language Technology: Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Question Answering and Dialog Management.
We are looking for a Principal Program Manager to drive programs in the following areas across the Alexa Machine Learning organization. This is role with exposure to all the initiatives taking place in the organization, working directly with our Directors and VPs, and driving major impact on the shape of organizational programs and communication mechanisms.
- Drive planning for the organization in terms of defining and tracking new initiatives and goals
- Build and maintain dashboards to track organizational goals, program status, headcount allocation, etc.
- Drive comprehensive and timely reporting of organizational activity (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual)
- Create and edit regular executive updates on progress
- Create reports on organizational effectiveness and ROI, including ownership structure and mechanisms
- Create educational collateral (documents, training) to introduce the team and its work
- Put mechanisms in place that reduce the need for manual activity and oversight in all the above areas.
A sound understanding of spoken language technologies and clear writing skills are important.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
- 5+ years of experience in product or process definition, having taken a product or process from concept to execution
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding / Processing or other machine learning technologies
- Ability to write scripts and tools to access usage data and generate reports and analysis
- Proven results from establishing and optimizing software engineering processes for different organizations/environments
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Fast learner on new technologies, especially machine learning approaches
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top