Principal Program Manager - Alexa Music
- Santa Barbara, CA
Want to transform the way people enjoy music? Come join the team that delivers the global music experience on Alexa. This includes working with the world's top music partners (Amazon Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio, etc.) to deliver industry leading experiences across a growing array of Alexa supported devices and countries.
Imagine being a part of a growing team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up.
We are seeking a passionate, creative and customer-focused Principal Program Manager to help us build, scale and execute complex cross-functional mechanisms and processes that drive the Alexa Music business. Do you thrive in a challenging environment and enjoy working with multiple functions like product, engineering, marketing, and PR to deliver consumer facing products? We are seeking a tenured individual who can work closely with multiple stakeholders (within Alexa Music and across Alexa) to deliver ongoing, scalable, easy-to-use processes to drive transformational outcomes. This individual will ensure key activities and initiatives within Alexa Music are properly aligned and executed to achieve a measurable impact on feature velocity, productivity and efficiency gains.
• Defining, planning, organizing, managing, and executing complex projects/programs across multiple organizations and stakeholders
• Create business processes that simplify, standardize and enable operational excellence
• Consolidate Music plan and roadmap. Work with product, engineering, partner management, and other functions to create end-to-end programs.
• Assess project/program risks, anticipate challenges, and provide escalation management
• Publish project/program updates in order to provide timely, clear and complete communications
• Provide timely, clear and concise and complete communications to customer and Amazon Business Leadership
• Bachelor's Degree
• 7+ years of experience in program or project management
• 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 7+ years of experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
• 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• Strong analytical and data gathering skills, including the ability to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights
• MBA or Master's degree
• Experience working with global stakeholders or in global roles
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
• Demonstrated ability to independently solve ambiguous problems
• Experience in leading cross-functional teams in how to continuously improve the business and define what's next
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated experience influencing senior executives
• A willingness to roll up sleeves to get stuff done
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top