Principal Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
The Global Talent Management (GTM) team is reinventing how we attract, grow, and retain diverse talent at Amazon.
The Talent Movement, Growth, and Development (TMGD) team is seeking an exceptional Principal Program Manager to work on multiple key initiatives to develop and retain high-performing Amazonians, to simplify and enhance the employee experience, and to drive greater retention strategies at scale. You will work in a dynamic, ambiguous and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to identify problems and develop solutions. Cross-team coordination, project management, executive communication, and presentation skills are required. This role is critical in executing project initiatives, providing exceptional internal customer support, and driving functional excellence and process improvement. This role is responsible for driving progress and go-forward strategies at VP and SVP-levels.
Preference for this role to be based in Seattle.
• Manage, track, and communicate large, complex projects and initiatives.
• Deliver on roadmap activities and key deliverables, and meet deadlines.
• Support critical relationships, working closely, and key internal stakeholders.
• Implement standardized project management tools and resources.
• Engage with the strategy team to design and develop innovative solutions.
• Prepare proposals and summary documents for senior leaders.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 7+ years of experience in program or project management
• 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 7+ years of experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
• 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 10 + years of Product and or Program Management, specifically with change management methodologies and tools
• Expertise in Lean Management, Six Sigma or other Operational Excellence tools
• 4-year BA/BS or equivalent years of experience
• Proven ability to influence without authority. Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product road map and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to measure the impact of change, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
• Demonstrated skills in reviewing and working with product road maps & functional specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and facilitating user testing.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Experience working directly and cross functionally with Engineers and UX designers in an Agile development environment.
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• A track record of effectively owning process creating, management and improvements.
Back to top