Principal Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is undergoing growth at an unprecedented level on a global scale. Our logistics teams are changing the way we interact with customers around the globe every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical challenges facing not just Amazon, but the entire industry.
We are seeking a Principal Program Manager who will be focused on the solutions targeted to minimize delivery defects and improve delivery speed to Customer. This role will be responsible for bringing a strong Customer focus to innovation and influencing product roadmap and vision that enable Amazon Logistics to resolve some difficult problems at scale.
Successful candidates will need to be able to influence and work with senior leaders across multiple organizations and geographies, and demonstrate experience balancing customer research, data analysis, project and stakeholder management, and internal/external communication. You must have sound business judgment and the ability to think strategically with a long-term vision about this fast growing business, while being able to execute on tactical details.
• Work closely with partner teams and stakeholders to build impactful product features to enable the resolutions implemented at scale.
• Prioritize and make trade-off decisions balancing customer experience and business value.
• Manage/influence tech teams and global stakeholders to meet defined milestones and delivery dates. Influence external teams' roadmaps to execute on the product/program vision.
• Own reporting on the state of initiatives, measuring improvements and impact of changes.
• Utilize metrics to deep-dive into issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns.
• Set-up mechanisms to audit and perform necessary course corrections where needed to meet business objectives.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited university
• 10+ years of tech product/ program management experience, delivering on large scale and cross-functional programs in support of business goals
• 5+ years of experience in supply chain / logistics / transportation industry
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple / competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to understand, troubleshoot, and describe complex technical processes and issues
• Excellent business judgment and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
• Experience of building large scale of tech products/program
• Master degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Supply Chain/Operations or similar discipline.
• Leadership role of a team providing day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
• The ability to thrive in a high-energy environment where strategic and tactical activities are expected to be driven in parallel
• The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across cross-matrix organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top