Principal Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is seeking a highly experienced Principal Implementation Manager to support the Amazon Care initiative. Successful candidates will be natural self-starters and quick learners who are comfortable leading large complex projects. This individual will coordinate the internal and external resources required to launch an array of services with the goals of achieving timelines, staying within budget, driving standardization and consistency within our network. This role is both a strategic and hands-on leadership role. A successful candidate you demonstrate strong leadership skills, is able to see around corners, possess organizational expertise, own strong verbal and written communication, and have a passion for building data driven programs that improve business operations. The ideal candidate you are self-motivated, solutions-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, and innovative in developing best-in-class staffing programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Work cross-functionally and across geographies with stakeholders at all levels to support large-scale programs and initiatives
• Have a combination of practical and comprehensive skills, as well as ability to rapidly shift and adapt to different tasks that vary between complex analyses, hands-on projects, and project management.
• Develop and manage project governance plans, project schedules, success criteria, and project milestones
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, as well as balance business needs versus constraints
• Establish business priorities, identifying and communicating risks and mitigation plans in collaboration with stakeholders; developing and maintaining goals, milestones and completion dates
• Perform customer/partner needs and task analysis, scope projects, and evaluate existing processes to propose solutions
• Provide leadership, expertise, and technical/operational guidance to the stakeholders
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion
• Lead others to drive ongoing program improvements based on user feedback and performance measurements
• Uses judgement to identify when to simplify versus when to innovate
• Starts with the customer and works backwards
• Identifies process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existing metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams to positively impact results in areas such as candidate throughput and driver quality
• Utilize strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to prepare crisp white papers and reports that translate technical/data solutions into recommendations for business audiences
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional or military experience
• 5+ years of experience in project management and implementation with proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
• Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
• Experience developing and managing large project budgets
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and MS Project
• Master's degree in (Industrial) Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field
• Proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational capacity needs
• 7+ years of experience in project management and implementation with proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful
• Certified Project Management qualification (PMP, Prince2, or other)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .n
Back to top