The way the world works is undergoing enormous change. The end users are working remotely, on the go, and moving from one project to the next. And, they're collaborating across borders, time zones, and organizations. We built Amazon Web Services End User Computing (EUC) services to give companies the agility to respond to the changing needs of their end users. Our vision is to be the best place for customers to run and access their desktops and apps from any device.
Amazon WorkSpaces, an AWS EUC offering, is a managed desktop computing service in the cloud. Amazon WorkSpaces allows customers to easily provision cloud-based desktops that allow end-users to access the documents, applications and resources they need with the device of their choice, including laptops, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android tablets, and zero clients. With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, customers can provision a high-quality cloud desktop experience for any number of users at a cost that is highly competitive with traditional desktops and half the cost of most virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions. Amazon WorkSpaces is growing immensely, and we are looking for product leaders to help us achieve the next level of scale and innovation. Read more about EUC, WorkSpaces and what our customers have to say about us: https://aws.amazon.com/products/end-user-computing/ , https://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/ , https://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/customers/
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager with the ability to champion the customer and act as an independent owner for a significant product area in the service. This role needs a strong mix of product management, technology, and customer experience expertise, coupled with strategic vision, clarity of communication and proven execution of products and features. As the Principal Product Manager, you will define the strategy for your area, drive market and customer research to deeply understand your customers as you look to create new capabilities, evaluate the value proposition and pricing for these capabilities, work with an interdisciplinary team and stakeholders to execute on these capabilities and eventually deliver customer delight. You should have demonstrated success in building strong business cases, managing high-growth enterprise products, and driving customer success. You should have the ability to act as mentor to other product managers in the team. You should have excellent communication and writing skills to drive high quality product definitions and outbound communication, as well as ability to act as a representative of the service at venues like re:Invent.
This team is a great fit for you if:
- You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal.
- You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working on a service that will be used by millions of end users and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
- You'd like to be directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
- You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new challenges.
- You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
- 8+ years experience working on successful technology products from ideation through launch.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- 10+ years experience working on successful technology products from ideation through launch.
- Masters in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Experience in infrastructure and cloud technologies.
- Experience in desktop and application streaming technologies.