Principal Product Mgr - Tech, Amazon Prime Video
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies, television, and digital video? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching globally? We are a growing team with an ambitious charter and need your passion, innovative ideas, leadership, and creativity to help take this service to new heights.
As Principal Product Manager for Prime Video Central and Prime Video Direct, you will be responsible for defining and building products that empower digital video content providers worldwide, ranging from independent filmmakers to large studios such as Sony, Disney, and Warner Bros. You will work cross-functionally with engineering, project management, UX design, operations, finance, legal, business development, content acquisition, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience for video providers around the world.
In this role you will also manage a team of product managers to define and bring to market products across a suite internal and external (studio and filmmaker-facing) features. You will be the single threaded product owner of the vision and roadmap across multiple two-pizza teams, and will be responsible for leading your team to launch and scale new and existing features used daily by our studio partners and internal business and operations teams to publish more great digital video content to Amazon.
A successful candidate will be able to articulate and drive a strategic vision, work cross-functionally across key stakeholders, and partner with dedicated engineering teams to deliver scalable solutions that grow selection for Prime Video's and IMDb TV's customers. He or she will have a consistent track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. This leader must have strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to manage and influence others, passion for digital video, and strong cross-functional leadership.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• 8+ Years of experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a consumer facing online retail/services product management role.
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition, feature delivery and trade offs of a product, end to end product delivery.
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
• Demonstrated strength in building trust and driving alignment across a diverse, matrixed set of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience with written and verbal communication to influence senior management.
• Experience with digital video products and/or technologies.
• MBA preferred.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top