Principal Product Manager-Technical, Prime Video
- Melbourne, Australia
The mission of Prime Video's Personalization team is to connect customers with the right video, at the right time, both within the Prime Video experience as well as on offsite placements. We own features and models that aim to generate the most relevant recommendations to customers, with automation and at scale. To do this, we personalize for customers and customer journeys, for the titles and video content we recommend to customers, and bring the components together, optimizing for the overall customer experience. The remit is global, and there is immediate customer-facing impact.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to lead one of our strategic pillars. You will be responsible for:
• Owning the long-term roadmap for a major pillar within the org
• Defining the product vision, animating that product vision for stakeholders, and bringing the vision to life
• Owning end to end programs within Personalization, delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
• Scaling programs globally, understanding and factoring in local customer preferences
• Constructing mechanisms to ensure customer feedback is understood and acted on
• Be a subject matter expert on Personalization, and use that expertise to influence programs across the Prime Video org
The role is at the intersection of art and science. The successful candidate thrives in working at that intersection, and will be insatiably inquisitive about our customer experience and connect that experience with cutting-edge technical solutions to address customer-facing problems. Experimentation is at the heart of our culture, and we develop each of our programs through a deep test-and-learn roadmap. You will be a strategic leader for the org, defining and managing product roadmaps in areas of high complexity, for one or more engineering teams. The role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, UX design and research, data science, applied science, program management, legal, and business development teams to deliver products that enhance Prime Video's customer experience.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Experience with machine learning technologies and statistics
• A proven track record of building new, innovative, and engaging customer experiences informed by customer data from various sources (market research, internal data bases, A/B testing, user research)
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions (SQL strongly preferred)
• Experience working globally, for a global customer base
• MBA or advanced degree in a related field
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
Back to top