Principal Product Manager-Technical
- Madrid, Spain
AWS Infrastructure Supply Chain (SCM) Automation systems are responsible for procuring, setting up and operating all AWS cloud infrastructure. This includes data center setup, equipment purchase, installation and operation of servers with networking, power and cooling, server and component inventory management, production scheduling, asset tracking, financial integrations, outcome simulations and other such decisions.
AWS SCM team is looking for an experienced and motivated Principal Product Manager Technical to lead the development of new Supply Chain systems. As a Principal Product Manager on the SCM team, you will be challenged with structuring deeply entrenched business processes. The products that you devise, should be flexible to accommodate fast evolving business models.
A successful candidate will be a person who has immense bias for action and an excellent ability to deliver results even in the face of strong headwinds. A person who enjoys and excels at driving local operations and managing stakeholders' expectations. The successful candidate will have exceptional organizational and influencing skills and uses data to guide their decision-making.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional or military experience
• 5+ years of experience managing products and operating systems
• 5+ years of experience as a product manager of a highly distributed system, in an agile development environment
• 5+ years of experience of managing products and justifying resource needs to senior leaders
• Experience in developing long-term product and technical strategies
• Experience influencing leadership decisions through presentation of technical information, both verbally and in writing
• Experience with multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Security, or Business Development.
• MBA and/or MS/PhD in Computer Science or other Engineering Disciplines
• Experience with operating a complex system that is highly reliable and scalable
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Experience solving user problems with product
• Experience in delivering technology products in ambiguous environments, with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
• oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, solve problems, scope technical requirements and prioritize project work
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be action-oriented and stretch their imagination
• Demonstrated ability to decompose significantly complex technical propositions into straightforward solutions, and understand core technologies utilized in your product
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top