Principal Product Manager-Tech, Search Customer Experience
- Seattle, WA
Hundreds of millions of customers. Billions of queries per year. The scale and impact of Amazon Search is enormous, and we are looking for a Principal Product Manager-Technical to lead innovation in product search worldwide.
The Search Customer Experience team is responsible for the customer-facing features, information, and look & feel of search results on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices globally. We are in the Search Organization where we launch new products and innovation on a daily basis. Our team leverages sophisticated machine learning, data mining, and big data technologies to help customers discover the right products. We run usability studies and obsessively read customer feedback to improve our search experience. We partner with Amazon's category teams, from instant video, Kindle books, and Echo, to apparel, electronics, and groceries. We partner with the teams that power search relevance, query understanding, browse, and product recommendations.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager-Technical to own the holistic Search Shopping Page experience. You will be responsible for driving integration across our brand, Product Type and mission aware scenarios. You will own working backwards from the customer to deliver a redesigned search experience that uses intentional content placements and query understanding to address customer frustrations and friction points with shopping. You'll develop best practices for insights and KPIs to prove success. You will work closely with platform owners to scale self-service capabilities. You will have strong judgment and understand which opportunities drive the most strategic value for the business.
Successful candidates will enjoy diving deep into data, have highly respected analytical skills, excellent communication strategies and confident with executive level reviews. You will thrive in a collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with technical software development teams. You should have the experience and capability to prepare documentation for senior executives. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the retail business.
• Bachelor's degree in business or technology
• 10+ years of product management experience, preferably in the technology sector
• Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
• Data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis skills, including deep knowledge of statistical analysis, Excel, SQL, and/or other analytical techniques
• Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and effectively influence across cross-functional teams
• Excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to guide cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management
• Ability to think strategically while staying on top of tactical execution
• MBA or Master's degree in computer science
• Deep experience authoring documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications
• Experience with customer development and validating products through customer feedback
• Ability to earn trust across different levels and multiple groups of a large organization
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly then iterating on the experience
• Solid experience running A/B tests and/or multivariate tests, and optimizing the customer experience.
• Experience communicating with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Back to top