Principal Product Manager - Technical, SCOT-Forecasting
- Woodbridge, NJ
Where will Amazon's growth come from in the next year? What about over the next five? Which product lines are poised to quintuple in size? Are we investing enough in our infrastructure, or too much? How do our customers react to changes in prices, product selection, or delivery times?
These are among the most important questions at Amazon today. The Topline Forecast team in the Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization is dedicated to answering these questions using statistical and machine learning methods. Topline Forecast is one of the most important inputs for strategic and operational planning for Amazon's consumer business. We develop cutting edge data pipelines, build accurate predictive models, and deploy automated software solutions to provide forecasting insights to business leaders at the most senior levels throughout the company. We are looking for a senior, self-driven and analytical product manager-technical in the Topline Forecast team to help us answer these (and many more) questions.
This is not a traditional product management role. In this role, you must understand what matters to C-Level executives, what drives the business, and how can we influence both short-term and long-term business outcomes. Working backwards from the customer, you must define the strategic vision for the product, own the long-term roadmap, and drive teams to execute on that vision. You will be leading initiatives where the product opportunity and/or technology strategy has yet to be defined. You will need to drive clarity in problem and opportunity definition while being comfortable in dealing with a high degree of ambiguity. Finally, you will also need to understand how C-level executives make decisions and be capable of incorporating this understanding into compelling narrative and content for presenting insights from the forecasting suite of products to help drive decisions.
This role might be for you if:
• You are passionate about developing software products with a high degree of technical or science component.
• You are able to drive clarity and deliver results when dealing with a high degree of ambiguity, and when the business opportunity or product strategy is not yet defined.
• You have an executive presence to convince the C-level executives of your insights.
• You possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking.
• You excel in communicating complex ideas in simple and easy to understand narratives working with finance partners.
• You are experienced in driving the strategic vision, roadmap, product execution and adoption of software products.
In this job, you will:
• Work with economists, scientists, product managers, software development engineers and finance managers, business stakeholders and leadership across multiple teams to design and improve our forecasting suite of products.
• Work on large, strategic, significantly complex product development initiatives. Define the long-term strategy and vision to meet emerging customer needs and technologies.
• Manage a major product or suite of products and drive adoption of product with stakeholders and customers.
• Drive strategic product communications (e.g. decision narratives, investment proposals). Own customer and stakeholder engagement for major product issues.
• Weigh in on the pros and cons of a technology choice for the product and propose relevant options based on your fluency in technology alternatives. Deconstruct complex product problems into straightforward technical propositions.
• Identify business opportunities to expand, automate, or optimize Topline analytical products.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Bachelors' degree in a field with a strong emphasis on business or technology (Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, MBA)
• Demonstrated track record of results delivered by influencing stakeholders in a highly-matrix cross-functional organization.
• Experience in using data and metrics to define business strategy and gain executive support for new visions.
• Excellent verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, proven ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
• Master's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance or Economics
• Experience presenting ideas to C-level executives in narrative form.
• Finance experience
• Experience working in a software development and science environment.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results and insights.
• Strong analytic skills with experience using quantitative tools.
• Proven ability to influence change at all levels within an organization.
• Strong technical aptitude
Back to top