Principal Product Manager, Technical - Prime Video Search
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Prime Video is seeking an experienced Principal Technical Product Manager for the Prime Video Search team to truly innovate how video discovery works on behalf of millions of customers, globally. Do you have a genuine curiosity about how customers find video content and a dedication to creative problem solving to make it easier for customers to jump into playback? You will utilize big data to understand how customer's utilize search to find video content, work with applied scientists to develop innovative machine learning models, and drive ongoing testing on behalf of the customer to drive ongoing improvements. We are still Day One, enabling you to drive impact globally and across all Prime Video enabled devices as you build out a science-ready team focused on making Prime Video search the first place for customers to begin their content viewing discovery. This position will:
- Influence a team of Scientists to develop a search strategy and roadmap to drive a long-term revolutionary experience.
- Work across teams to create/evolve machine learning models for keyword and non-keyword searches.
- Be a subject matter expert on Search Sciences and use that expertise to influence programs across Prime Video and Amazon Search.
- Have direct and immediate impact to customer-facing experiences by owning end-to-end programs within Search.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Experience with machine learning technologies and statistics, preferably within a search engine context
• A proven track record of building new, innovative, and engaging customer experiences informed by customer data from various sources (market research, internal data bases, A/B testing, user research)
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions (SQL strongly preferred)
• Experience working globally, for a global customer base
• MBA or advanced degree in a related field
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top