Principal Product Manager - Technical (PM-T)
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon is seeking an experienced, talented, and motivated Principal Product Manager Technical (PM-T) to join our Customer Experience Strategy team. The Customer Experience Strategy organization is dedicated to improving Amazon's Seller and Advertising business through both internal and external processes and technology. Our team's mission is to constantly challenge the status quo and innovating the end-to-end customer experience. As a Principal, you own the lifecycle for a major product or body of work that has considerable impact. You identify ways to grow and scale your product. You deliver with independence.
You will be responsible developing new offerings using innovative technology and delivering up-to-date data and insights. You will dive deep into the digital advertising experience, technical architecture, and technology applications. You will research and analyze global technology and industry trends and seek out best practices.
The right candidate is passionate about learning and driving improvements across Amazon businesses, and building partnerships across business and development teams to drive changes. You have the proven ability to dive deep into complex systems and metrics to understand the business context behind the data and technology. You stay current on the technology that impacts your product. You have exceptional organizational skills and communications skills to explain findings to different audiences.
• Benchmarking product development and delivery: Work backwards to define product offerings, define roadmap for execution and design metrics for reporting. Own and execute end-to-end analysis including the scoping, design, data collection, data analysis, recommendations and presenting results to senior leadership.
• Influences the strategic direction (business and technology) of large products. Influences customers, vendors, partners, advertising, engineering org priorities.
• You will work closely with leaders across engineering, technology, and business teams. You will weigh in on technology choices and help them make the right architecture trade-offs, building consensus with leaders on technical approach. You will have the ability to work with and influence in a global setting and drive change across Amazon.
• Discover, track, and evaluate global technology and industry trends. Recognize emerging technologies and how to apply them to acquire insight and help improve Amazon's offerings
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Degree in business, finance, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or research sciences.
• MBA or Master's Degree preferred
• Experience building teams and hiring and developing great people
• Thinks strategically but is on top of daily execution of team.
• Industry exposure in one of the following areas: Seller/ Brand building, Advertising
• Skilled at diving deep into data and surfacing with big findings
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and facilitation skills
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
• Familiarity with process improvement, such as lean, kaizen, and/or six sigma.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top