Principal Product Manager - Technical
Amazon Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, with hundreds of thousands of titles available on-demand on Fire Tablets, mobile devices, game consoles, Internet-connected PCs, Macs, TVs, Blu-ray players, Fire TV and Stick, and set-top-boxes.
As a Principal Product Manager for the Amazon Video team you will help define and build the product roadmap for Amazon Video personalization. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional you will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, content acquisition, operations, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
As part of the Amazon Video personalization team, we are looking for someone who has deep experience with customer data analysis, segmentation and statistical methods; can apply data from various sources (market research, internal data bases, A/B testing, user research) and can creatively think about how customers react and respond to different experiences.
- 7-10+ years of software product management, product marketing, and/or business development experience, preferably in a fast-paced online environment
- Experience in defining, driving and shipping mass market consumer software or services
- Passion for understanding customers and their behavior, particularly with regard to the digital video space
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quantitative data analysis and critical-thinking skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience delivering digital streaming media
- Direct experience defining products and roadmaps which deliver simple, immersive customer experiences while dealing with underlying complex technical requirements
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions (SQL strongly preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Experience managing, analyzing, and communicating relevant results to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet"
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top