Principal Product Manager - Technical
- Portland, OR
AWS Elemental provides our customers live video connectivity services such as AWS Elemental MediaConnect and AWS Cloud Digital Interface. AWS Elemental MediaConnect allows AWS customers to move live video all around the world using the strength and reliability of the AWS Network. AWS Cloud Digital Interface (CDI) is technology to make live uncompressed video workflows possible in the cloud, enabling cost efficient, on-demand, live events production.
As the Principal Product Manager for MediaConnect and CDI you will drive the strategic product vision, define and prioritize new features to meet our customers need, and own the marketing and promotion of our products to help our customers understand what the products can do for them.
You'll also work with leaders of other AWS Media Services, AWS Networking, AWS EC2, and our extensive Media and Entertainment organization to provide customers with complete solutions to solve their live video challenges.
What you'll do:
• Work with customers, engineering teams, external partners, and the AWS Elemental management team to set product development priorities
• Define new features and functionality in the AWS product offerings using the successful Amazon "working backwards" process
• Listen to customers and potential customers to deeply understand their needs for video connectivity
• Create a vision and roadmap for the evolution of live video connectivity at AWS Elemental
• Define critical software features in video connectivity products
• Author documents that shape our strategic investments
• Present new product information directly to customers, either in-person, or through digital delivery.
• Continuously deepen your understanding of cloud networking, video protocols, codecs, transport standards, and monitoring systems, to better support our customers
• Evaluate AWS Elemental offerings against competitive offerings, in order to provide customers the most value possible
• Work Hard and Have Fun!
• A Bachelor's Degree in a technical field, or equivalent professional work experience in technical roles
• 10+ years in a technical product management role
• 5+ years of product management experience delivering large-scale video products where you are responsible for the full product lifecycle, from concept through GTM. This includes collaborating with Sales, Business Development, Engineering and Solutions Architects internally and externally to ensure product success.
• Passion for conceiving, designing, building, shipping, and sustaining amazing software products
• 5+ years of experience collaborating with and advising VP- and Director-level technical leaders to set strategy, define the product, and make the tough, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market.
• MBA Degree
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience managing aggressive and dynamic projects, with competing resources and priorities
• Firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end product lifecycle with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, and launch
• Proven track record of developing user stories or product requirement documents (PRDs)
• Experience working with cross-functional teams, including contractors and third party vendors.
• Business mindset with strong technical skills. Some software development background preferred
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top