Location Flexible: Seattle, WA, Arlington, VA or East Palo Alto, CA
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. The AWS Console team is responsible for user experience of products that enable customers to manage their applications and infrastructure on AWS. Today, the team is responsible for multiple products such as AWS Management Console, AWS Console Mobile App, AWS Chatbot, as well as the platform services used by 200+ AWS service teams to develop and deliver their user experiences.
The Console team is seeking a talented, self-directed Product Manager to join an experienced and energetic organization responsible for delivering a delightful end-to-end Console Mobile Application experience for on-the-go users. This is a highly visible role, where you will raise the bar for the customer experiences that span across dozens of AWS services.
You have the creative vision, customer obsession, technical acumen, and operational understanding to deliver large-scale, customer-facing mobile features. You will lead the effort across AWS to define short and long-term vision for AWS mobile experiences.
Location Flexible: Arlington, VA or East Palo Alto, CA or Seattle, WA
Your responsibilities will include
• Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy. Work closely with the AWS user research and other AWS service teams stakeholders to identify the top customer pain points and needs for the most common AWS Console tasks.
• Define the product vision and definition. Work in partnership with the other AWS service teams, and create the product requirements, and roadmap to address the pain points in the common AWS tasks.
• Ensure the execution of the product roadmap. Lead the interactions with the engineering and product teams across the AWS service teams to help them make trade-offs based on customer requirements.
• Keep projects on track through clear task list, issue tracking, status reports, and meeting notes.
• Influence senior leaders across AWS, and communicate changes, issues, and resolutions clearly to all stakeholders.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 3+ years working on mobile experiences.
• 10+ years experience in technical product management or product management.
• 10+ years experience in the technology industry.
• A track record of successful delivery of large developer or consumer facing products/projects with cross-org dependencies.
• Experience working with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience in delivering high-quality solutions in a rapid, iterative design and development environment.
• Experience in cloud technologies.
• Proven communication and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels of a large organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.